Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
I think maybe Rios gets both of those. Don't know, obviously. And I have to think Jenks can't pitch, so Thornton is for the 9th. We don't deserve to win this.

I seriously doubt even Gutierrez would have gotten that triple.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
Ok, wow Andruw. That one is totally on you........ The previous ball was going to be tough regardless, but that right there is just awful.

yea so he cant hit now he cant field? and then you have people like cowley,for example, that said oh, how can we get dunn,etc because what would you do with guys like jones and kotsay, right.......this is depressing :(

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Wow, that was pathetic by Jones. More BRUTAL managing by Ozzie! Seriously, where the heck is Thornton.

How about just let Thornton be the 1 man pen. You can't blame Ozzie when most of your pen sucks. I fear the day when Thornton's arm falls off because the pen sucks.

Putz is now the new Linebrink.

August, Sept. is the worst time for your pen to fail.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
How about just let Thornton be the 1 man pen. You can't blame Ozzie when most of your pen sucks. I fear the day when Thornton's arm falls off because the pen sucks.

were screwed

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
yea so he cant hit now he cant field? and then you have people like cowley,for example, that said oh, how can we get dunn,etc because what would you do with guys like jones and kotsay, right.......this is depressing :(

I would take that as Jone and Kotsay are hard to dump on other teams.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
I know I said earlier in this thread that I don't think Putz should pitch back to back games anymore. After further evaluation, I think we should shut him down until the end of the regular season. If he doesn't get the necessary rest to get his arm strength back, he's no good to us in the playoffs.

His arm strength is fine...his command of his splitter is killing us.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
I'm so tired of his non-chalant attitude in center. He can't hit for us, so he can't afford to make errors.

That and the stupid perma-grin he wears like it's a joke. Sorry, I think he just takes things for granted. Ozzie shouldn't stand for it.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
I think maybe Rios gets both of those. Don't know, obviously. And I have to think Jenks can't pitch, so Thornton is for the 9th. We don't deserve to win this.

Rios for sure gets that 2nd one, but the 1st one would have taken a great, great play to catch. Jones looked bad on it, but I really doubt he would have had it regardless.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)

Yep, Ozzie apparently can never make a correct move and Thornton should be pitching the 7-9 every game. A couple weeks ago it would have been "f***in Ozzie, Putz should be INNNN!!!!!"