Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Do you really have that much confidence in Juan Pierre?

Pierre actually has sucess with RISP and is a contact hitter. Alexei doesn't have great discipline. Runner on 3rd less than 2 out, I'm more comfortable with Alexei cause he can hit the ball to the OF.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
horrible AB.

Guess PK doesnt like straight fastballs.

It wasn't a horrible at-bat. He at least worked the count. You make outs most of the time in baseball. If that was a horrible at-bat, most at-bats are horrible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Ugh, OZZIEBALL! Konerko got a massive hanger, and couldn't do anything with it. Pena's in to blow this game open.

Again, how is this ozzie's fault that 2 of the players (and 2 top hitters) failed? I don't understand the logic, its baffling. Was Pierre going yard?

Well, thanks Tigers for proving the point that it would have been unwise to overspend on Putz for 2011.

Now the problem is that we have to replace two back-end relievers with who exactly?

Scott Linebrink? Pena?

Sale makes sense, you can see him getting it done, but are we sure we want to make him the 2nd lefty out of the pen? Maybe.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Again, how is this ozzie's fault that 2 of the players (and 2 top hitters) failed? I don't understand the logic, its baffling. Was Pierre going yard?

We gave up the first out to a pitcher that was struggling mightily.

We keep playing for one run when our pitching staff is falling apart. Tony Pena needs to not be put into close games, as he's fallen apart as well.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
Pierre actually has sucess with RISP and is a contact hitter. Alexei doesn't have great discipline. Runner on 3rd less than 2 out, I'm more comfortable with Alexei cause he can hit the ball to the OF.

There was no one in scoring position there.

And the White Sox are reverting back to the mediocre team they always should have been.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)

Beckham wants to be a speed demon. Try the hit and run or let him try and steal. Where is the running game other than Pierre?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)

If Pierre were to single, that pushes Beckham to 3b and either a ground ball to the right or a fly ball might score him. Pierre probably has a 50/50 shot of hitting a ground ball to the right side even if he were to swing away.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
We keep playing for one run when our pitching staff is falling apart. Tony Pena needs to not be put into close games, as he's fallen apart as well.

is there someone that isnt falling apart in our pen? jeeze lol

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
If Pierre were to single, that pushes Beckham to 3b and either a ground ball to the right or a fly ball might score him. Pierre probably has a 50/50 shot of hitting a ground ball to the right side even if he were to swing away.

All I know is we've bunted a lot with a runner on first and no outs this year, and very rarely has it worked out well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)

so that's the reason? IF pierre gets a hit? Awesome.

What about IF Alexei doesn't swing at a ball in the dirt? What about IF PK hits a gapper?

So stupid