Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Pena's ERA going to be over 5.50 after this inning. Can't wait until he's out of this organization, and we get an actual long man.

I wouldn't be too sure. The organization really believes in this guy. I wanted him gone last year.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
If things go from bad to worse over the next 10 days, I wonder if we'll put Putz on waivers?

There's still enough time, esp. with 3 coming against the Twins, for KW to be as angry with this team as he was last year when he sent out the "please for God's sake take Contreras and Thome off my hands here's money" memo to the league.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Juan Pierre does not have a 22 game hitting streak. His hitting streak ended at 16.

Steve Stone stands corrected then.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Pena's ERA going to be over 5.50 after this inning. Can't wait until he's out of this organization, and we get an actual long man.

Well Pena was not a long man to begin with. Sox left him out there to die alot this year.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

The only thing that would be the perfect topper to this game would be Jenks coming in now and getting booed?

Hopefully they're not saying goodbye to the 2010 season.

Everything was going great until Jenks blew that final game in the first series after the break in Minnesota. That will go down as the key game, the Mariners' loss when Vizquel keyed the comeback, losing 3/4 to the Orioles...not being able to beat the Twins 2/3 at USCF.

The supposed strength of the White Sox, relief pitching, has abandoned them at the worst possible time.

At least it doesn't feel like 2003 when we had the best team in baseball arguably. We're far from that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
If Konerko hits a gapper, then Beckham scores from first. Giving up the first out is just so idotic when Perry was clearly rattled. I wish more teams would give up outs to the Sox.

Tha first decision to bunt with Beckham with Jones on 2nd drove me nuts. My daughter was here so I wasn't online but as I told her Beckham's as good or better than anyone on the Sox hitting it to the right side and only is hitting like .370 over his last 25 games and with Pierre coming up ! So you have a guy who can get Jones to 3rd, drive him in and doesn't leave it up to Pierre to hit a flyball if he is allowed to swing the damn bat. That's 3 solid reasons not to bunt with Beckham there.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
i may be asking this a little late but dont feel like going back to look but why have i heard just steve stone the past 2 innings? something happen to hawk?

Hawk is out today with an illness in the family. Hopefully back on Tuesday.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
You know that Kenny Williams is doing some crazy upper body super set workout right now to release the stress from this s***fest.

Ha, completely agree bomb. Guarantee there's a bunch of "I told you so" going around about Garcia.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Hawk is out today with an illness in the family. Hopefully back on Tuesday.

Hawk would have been out with a coronary if he was there in person to witness this implosion.

Seriously, this game would have been a lot for him to deal with...I was ready to believe we could take it to the Twins if we were able to complete the comeback, but now, not so much.

The momentum change in this division feels permanent. It could change and swing back to us one more time, but we don't have the type of team or bullpen now to hang with the Twins, Yankees and Red Sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
The only thing that would be the perfect topper to this game would be Jenks coming in now and getting booed?

Hopefully they're not saying goodbye to the 2010 season.

Everything was going great until Jenks blew that final game in the first series after the break in Minnesota. That will go down as the key game, the Mariners' loss when Vizquel keyed the comeback, losing 3/4 to the Orioles...not being able to beat the Twins 2/3 at USCF.

The supposed strength of the White Sox, relief pitching, has abandoned them at the worst possible time.

At least it doesn't feel like 2003 when we had the best team in baseball arguably. We're far from that.

You can go back to the beginning of the season when they couldn't hit, field or pitch. That inedible winning streak put them back in it. I still can't believe that happened.

Not to mention getting owned by Cleveland and KC.

Something that's frustrating is that our pitchers didn't take advantage of the shadows. With shadows that bad, no way a hitter can pick up the spin of an offspeed pitch. Instead, Castro kept calling for fastball after fastball. It's no surprise that Alexei missed Perry's slider by a foot, as there's no way anyone could have seen that pitch. All of the damage the last 2 innings by either team was done against fastballs.