Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Your never ending free pass towards Ozzie is getting a little old. If you think his decisions make no difference than why even have a manager? We could save the money we pay him and use it for some better free agent signings. Just have Southpaw pick out the daily lineup by drawing names out of a hat. For bringing in relievers he can throw darts or guess which cap on the scoreboard has the baseball underneath it.

I think LittleHurt05 would be a big fan of this idea.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 04:09 AM)
Your never ending free pass towards Ozzie is getting a little old. If you think his decisions make no difference than why even have a manager? We could save the money we pay him and use it for some better free agent signings. Just have Southpaw pick out the daily lineup by drawing names out of a hat. For bringing in relievers he can throw darts or guess which cap on the scoreboard has the baseball underneath it.

What part of my post did you disagree with?

Everybody wanted Putz. Putz finally got the job and has 3 failures in a week.

Jenks had the job and had 2 failures in a week.

If both guys do the job we win 5 more games probably. Is it the manager's fault? No, it's the player's fault.

I'm just pointing out the cliche nature of b****ing about personnel. When we won all those games was it Oz's managing? No, just as it is not his managing when we suck.

I guess he could have had Putz closer earlier in the season. One problem. Jenks was automatic during our 25-5 run.

Fact: Oz deserves blame for personnel decisions in wanting Kotsay. Yet he's not the GM so the blame there has to be shared. You may disagree, but I blame the bullpen problems on the members of the bullpen rather than the manager.

He's the same manager that led us in a 25-5 stretch as he is now.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 04:25 AM)
What part of my post did you disagree with?

Everybody wanted Putz. Putz finally got the job and has 3 failures in a week.

Jenks had the job and had 2 failures in a week.

If both guys do the job we win 5 more games probably. Is it the manager's fault? No, it's the player's fault.

I'm just pointing out the cliche nature of b****ing about personnel. When we won all those games was it Oz's managing? No, just as it is not his managing when we suck.

I guess he could have had Putz closer earlier than he did in the season.

Fact: Oz deserves blame for personnel decisions in wanting Kotsay. Yet he's not the GM so the blame there has to be shared. You may disagree, but I blame the bullpen problems on the members of the bullpen rather than the manager.

He's the same manager that led us in a 25-5 stretch as he is now.

Yep, he led us to a great stretch against mostly (crappy) NL teams...no shock, as he manages like we're an NL team.

I would say there is a fundamental difference of opinion between me and those who disagree with me on this issue.

I put the credit/blame on players; you guys put it on the manager. Is that fair to say?

It is a fundamental difference of opinion. Nothing to get irate about.