Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
So, 3 back of the Twins coming into a 3 game series in Minny.

Basically, we play like we usually do in Minny and that's the division.

Yup.

Anything short of winning the series would put this team on life support.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
What kind of production have we gotten out o the DH spot by committee? We need a real DH IMO- oh wait he plays for Minny

Look at the bright side, we're only 10th in the AL in OPS out of the DH spot. We're right there with Oakland and Toronto...and well ahead of Seattle and the Angels.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
And you never wish that on anyone. The Twins had their own version of the M&M twins

Overcoming a loss like that...that's just amazing. On top of the loss of Nathan. Their roster is just stacked.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
So do the Twins. They might never have him again.

Yeah but somehow those losses never seem to hurt them as much. I predicted suckdom for them when they got rid of Santana. Didn't pan out like I thought.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
The pull baseball approach has been awful the last two weeks. Some pathetic at bats with RISP as well.

That is an understatement. I was at the last game in the Twins series. The crowd checked out after the first time the team left the bases loaded.

Konerko, in particular, has looked like s***. Anything low and in to him results in a swing and a miss.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Overcoming a loss like that...that's just amazing. On top of the loss of Nathan. Their roster is just stacked.

I agree. The Twins have areal productive team and seem to have one of the best farm systems that just keeps producing quality talent

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)

It really is stacked, even with Hardy having a bad wrist all season. There's no excuse for them not to dominate the AL Central for the next few years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
It really is stacked, even with Hardy having a bad wrist all season. There's no excuse for them not to dominate the AL Central for the next few years.

Yeah there is...that pitching staff still doesn't scare anyone on paper...

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
That is an understatement. I was at the last game in the Twins series. The crowd checked out after the first time the team left the bases loaded.

Konerko, in particular, has looked like s***. Anything low and in to him results in a swing and a miss.

Konerko and Rios have seen a huge increase in their K/AB since the ASB. Pretty sure every K has been on an offspeed pitch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Yeah there is...that pitching staff still doesn't scare anyone on paper...

How many years did they sign Pavano for? Liriano, Slowey, Duensing, and Baker isn't bad at all...and they have Gibson lurking.