Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
How many years did they sign Pavano for? Liriano, Slowey, Duensing, and Baker isn't bad at all...and they have Gibson lurking.

Pavano's a FA next year I believe, but I'm pretty sure the Twins will try to resign him.

Outside of Liriano, they have a bunch of 3s and 4s. Their starting staff is nothing special.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
It really is stacked, even with Hardy having a bad wrist all season. There's no excuse for them not to dominate the AL Central for the next few years.

Oh jeez. You cant think the word dominate is the proper word to choose there.

Sometimes I just dont understand if its even possible to top your negative thinking.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Oh jeez. You cant think the word dominate is the proper word to choose there.

Sometimes I just dont understand if its even possible to top your negative thinking.

If Morneau stays healthy, and with their increased payroll, they are set to have a stellar lineup for quite a while. You look around the AL Central, and you see the Tigers and White Sox having some huge holes offensively in the next few years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
How many years did they sign Pavano for? Liriano, Slowey, Duensing, and Baker isn't bad at all...and they have Gibson lurking.

I believe he's on a 1 year deal after accepting salary arbitration.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
Kotsay being Kotsay, but we're back in this b****.

I have been supporting Kotsay, but it is getting harder to do. But, not yet so I am hoping he comes through next time when we need it

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
If Morneau stays healthy, and with their increased payroll, they are set to have a stellar lineup for quite a while. You look around the AL Central, and you see the Tigers and White Sox having some huge holes offensively in the next few years.

Right now, I think there might be as high as a 50/50 chance that Justin Morneau never plays baseball again.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Pavano's a FA next year I believe, but I'm pretty sure the Twins will try to resign him.

Outside of Liriano, they have a bunch of 3s and 4s. Their starting staff is nothing special.

Isn't that all you need when you have a good offense though? Slowey no hitter thru 7.