Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
Ok, let's bet $50k even money.

If I had that kind of money to spare, I'd take that bet, seriously.

Concussion symptoms down for a month and a half already, no timetable for his return...in the NFL, you start talking about the concussion being career-threatening if they're no where close to coming back after 4 weeks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)

Concussion symptoms down for a month and a half already, no timetable for his return...in the NFL, you start talking about the concussion being career-threatening if they're no where close to coming back after 4 weeks.

Well, then it's good for the Twins that this is MLB.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Freddy leaves and adds to his ERA over 7 for the 2nd half of the season. They need to consider skipping him when they can when we have days off.

I hate using the offday as a 5th starter. Absolutley hate it.

Every single pitcher in our rotation (Other than Jackson who just arrived) has an ERA a full run lower on extra rest than they do on normal rest.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)

The difference is the liklihood for more jarring blows is extremely high in the NFL, whereas in baseball, it is relatively small.

I'm certainly not going to argue that it won't become an issue for the remainder of his career, but to say that the odds are even that he'll never even play again? That's being a bit overdramatic in my opinion.

I do agree, however, that this is very frightening for Twins fans, their organization, and Morneau himself. If you see the play that the concussion occurred during, it really wasn't even that violent of a collision.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
The pull baseball approach has been awful the last two weeks. Some pathetic at bats with RISP as well.

It's always been this way. Is it Walker's fault? The organization's? or the type of players Kenny acquires?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
I hate using the offday as a 5th starter. Absolutley hate it.

Every single pitcher in our rotation (Other than Jackson who just arrived) has an ERA a full run lower on extra rest than they do on normal rest.

Cost benefit analysis...burn your pen every time Freddy pitches and still get a loss or take your chances skipping him and affecting the ERA of the other 4.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
NASTY by Sale. Really fun getting to watch him and Santos develop.

It's hard to watch Sale and think starter though. That delivery screams extreme lefty/righty splits. I know he is supposed to have the change to overcome that, but it looks so odd.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
It's hard to watch Sale and think starter though. That delivery screams extreme lefty/righty splits. I know he is supposed to have the change to overcome that, but it looks so odd.

I do agree with this, but who knows.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)

Are you thinking this is a guy who will have arm problems later down the road ala Kerry Wood?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Cost benefit analysis...burn your pen every time Freddy pitches and still get a loss or take your chances skipping him and affecting the ERA of the other 4.

It's not great, but I can live with 5/5 by Freddy when the defense gave up a chunk of it.