8/16 Games

Have to leave, so can't add in all the boxscores, but I did see that SS Drew Lee has 2 HR, and Brent Morel is 1/1 so far with a HR.

Mod edit: Links

Durham @ Knights

Dolsi

Barons @ Mobile, game 1

Won 2-1, Leesman

Barons @ Mobile, game 2

Lowe

Salem @ Dash

Lost 4-3, Doyle

Intimidators @ Savannah, game 1

Lost 1-0, Collop

Intimidators @ Savannah, game 2

Lost 9-3, Piccola

Voyagers @ Orem

Schatz

Bristol @ Kingsport

Won 7-2, Arroyo

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Man, Charlie Leesman has been a completely different pitcher in AA. Bizarre really. I wonder what changed.

If I had to bank, something the AA pitching coach saw mechanically and tweaked it. He probably got away with it in Kanny, but when he reached W-S, it was more exposed. Also has helped his control which is evident of his SO:BB ratio. Can't even blame the park either. He's pitching better away (though a small sample thus far) than he has at home.

Viciedo 1-14, 5 SO since being sent back down.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
Charlotte game - Jordan Danks playing 2nd base?? WTF???

Cortez got ejected, Rodriguez is apparently unavailable after getting plunked on the 10th, and Flowers and Danks were the only guys on the bench that could go in for Cortez.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
If I had to bank, something the AA pitching coach saw mechanically and tweaked it. He probably got away with it in Kanny, but when he reached W-S, it was more exposed. Also has helped his control which is evident of his SO:BB ratio. Can't even blame the park either. He's pitching better away (though a small sample thus far) than he has at home.

J.R. Perdew is the man, I need to do an interview with him sometime.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)

If not giving him consistent AB's messed with his development, then screw Ozzie.

If its just a cold spell, thats fine.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 05:47 AM)
If not giving him consistent AB's messed with his development, then screw Ozzie.

If its just a cold spell, thats fine.

Seems to me, players who get demoted always go to one extreme or the other when they first go down - either red hot, or ice cold. Then they head back to normal. I wouldn't worry just yet.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
There is my darkhorse guy, Arroyo, continuing to put up great peripherals. In 62 IP now, he has 63 K to 11 BB. Also, only 49 hits. Kid is rocking a 0.97 WHIP.

All these Bristol pitchers are doing really well ...I bet the guy who calls their pitches is great at his job!! :)

“I felt great tonight,” said Arroyo, who hails from Manteca, Calif. “Me and the catcher [Chase Blackwood] were on the same page and that always helps, and my defense made some really good plays behind me."

That's from an article a few days back ..Spencer has actually been one of my favorite pitchers in Bristol, along with Heidenreich and Buch, who's doing pretty decent in Kanny!

Edited by girlslikebaseballtoo#26

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 12:54 AM)
Somewhat rough day for Addison Reed. 3 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K. Now has 28 K and 3 BB in 20 IP.

The only bad thing about Reed's performance is the home run he allowed. You're going to walk people, it's a part of the game, and he was still striking people out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
The only bad thing about Reed's performance is the home run he allowed. You're going to walk people, it's a part of the game, and he was still striking people out.

Home runs are a part of the game too. On average 1 in 10 fly balls are going over the wall, so it was bound to happen against Reed at some point.