SOX @ Twinkies Danks (12-8 3.19) vs. Baker (10-9 4.76)

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Seriously, you have no complaints about the massive failure he's had in the 9th inning of 3 of the last 4 games here?

That's such a tiny sample to complain at all.

Konerko is OPSing above .900 with runners on, RISP and RISP w/2 out.

1-7 with the bases loaded. Oh well. He's still a star and clutch isn't a problem.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm not looking at any numbers here....but I can tell you that just from memory, when we need a big hit, late in a game, especially in the 9th inning, Paul Konerko is not the player I want coming to the plate. My memory might be completely wrong, but that is what it is.

Well there's only 25 guys on the roster and PK does have a good avg. with the bases loaded.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Just like the Mark Teahen game, were going to call this the Alexei Ramirez game. (his WAR should increase alot BTW) If we win this, he is the reason why.

His WAR should be around 3.5 now.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:14 AM)
That's such a tiny sample to complain at all.

Konerko is OPSing above .900 with runners on, RISP and RISP w/2 out.

1-7 with the bases loaded. Oh well. He's still a star and clutch isn't a problem.

Again, I'm not talking about vs every team. Simply put, in the recent games in Minnesota, he's had 3 huge chances to win or tie the game for the Sox, and he failed each time. There's no doubt he's our MVP this season, and with guys like that, you want them up in those situations.