SOX @ Twinkies Danks (12-8 3.19) vs. Baker (10-9 4.76)

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ozzie dares compliment the Twins at all after this bulls*** he should be fired on the spot. I don't want to hear how that was a "good clean hit" on AJ or "that's the way you're supposed to play the game bulls*** from Ozzie.

And if the Sox don't exact revenge on the Twins the next two games, both baseball-wise and extra-curricularly, then I question the team's character and heart.

what is sad is...thome hit a bomb agst one of the best lhp in the game...he has 17 hrs...and our lh hitter, kotsay, is 0-22 agst lhp and weakly grounded out to 2nd with the bases loaded early in the game to kill our momentum. ozzie, my concept about you has just changed.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
What do you expect when Thornton comes out for his 3rd inning of work?

He's done it before and I would take my chances with him over Putz and Pena. It would be risky using Sales. Stink spreads on this team and it eventually got to Thornton.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
He's done it before and I would take my chances with him over Putz and Pena. It would be risky using Sales. Stink spreads on this team and it eventually got to Thornton.

He's not a long reliever.

It's too bad Jenks couldn't keep himself in better shape so he could get through a season healthy. His worthlessness in the 2nd half has had a negative chain reaction on the entire team. I used to think it was Peavy's injury that would be the downfall of the 2010 Sox, but I would say Jenks not answering the bell after the ASB is what did us in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
I sincerely would like to thank Delmon, Thome, and Thornton for making that quick. 3 pitches, and game was over. At least none of us got our hopes up in the bottom of the inning. Will we ever retire a Twins hitter in a save situation?

Maybe Danks shouldn't have gave up those runs in the 1st. The pen sucks and it's the worst time for it. Where's the "Coop will fix em"?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
It's too bad Jenks couldn't keep himself in better shape so he could get through a season healthy. His worthlessness in the 2nd half has had a negative chain reaction on the entire team. I used to think it was Peavy's injury that would be the downfall of the 2010 Sox, but I would say Jenks not answering the bell after the ASB is what did us in.

Excellent point.

It's funny, I see everyone saying how heartbreaking this game was. Sure, it sucked and the ending was quite ironic. Maybe it's because fatherhood has altered my priorities, but this one really doesn't upset me that much. I don't think we'd outlast the Twins the rest of the way even if we won tonight. Sure, a win would have been great. However, at the end of the season, the better team usually wins the division.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
It's funny, I see everyone saying how heartbreaking this game was. Sure, it sucked and the ending was quite ironic. Maybe it's because fatherhood has altered my priorities, but this one really doesn't upset me that much. I don't think we'd outlast the Twins the rest of the way even if we won tonight. Sure, a win would have been great. However, at the end of the season, the better team usually wins the division.

The bottom line is we all love this team and the direction they go in oftentimes affects the way we are able to go about our days and nights every April - September. But in the end, we have to remember this is a game. I'm as big a fan as anyone, but I learned to always try and put things in perspective.

Deep breaths.

Tomorrow is another day, and another game.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)

My thoughts exactly. I just stood there and laughed. It's ridiculous how that ended. I would have been so much more upset if the Sox failed to score in the 9th and just went quietly.

When Thome played for us, everyone on the planet knew he was practically an automatic out when a lefty reliever threw him offspeed stuff that tailed away.

But now he's playing against us and what do we throw him? Fastballs over the fat part of the plate.

****. We deserve to lose for being stupid.