ATTENDANCE

Ishmookie

agree and what makes me laugh is the forbes article and where tex is ranked and the loss they are taking.

i love the idea that tex had to trade players who has a heavy contract.

i love the fact that arod may have to rot in tex who may not win or go out and try to get players to win.

ahhhhh sweet revenge.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had a problem with JR being "cheap", though at times of frustration I'm sure I have lashed out at him for not spending more. He does run this club with an eye toward fiscal responsibility, and rightly so. My only beef with JR is the way good quality ex-players have been disrespected as they were on there way out of town. And I'm sorry, but I'll always hold the Carlton Fisk fiasco against him. That was totally classless.

I've never had a problem with JR being "cheap", though at times of frustration I'm sure I have lashed out at him for not spending more.  He does run this club with an eye toward fiscal responsibility, and rightly so.  My only beef with JR is the way good quality ex-players have been disrespected as they were on there way out of town. And I'm sorry, but I'll always hold the Carlton Fisk fiasco against him.  That was totally classless.

the fisk problem was bad and i am sorry for fisk, but it needed to be done. i am saying this in ref to

him being forced to retire.

his fault is his total trust in his employees, his gm. both on the bulls and baseball.

the fisk problem was bad and i am sorry for fisk, but it needed to be done. i am saying this in ref to

his fault is his total trust in his employees, his gm. both on the bulls and baseball.

I was referring to the incident where Fisk and Donn Pall were not allowed into the clubhouse during the playoffs. They were both part of the team that year.

I was referring to the incident where Fisk and Donn Pall were not allowed into the clubhouse during the playoffs. They were both part of the team that year.

i remember something about that, maybe somebody could tell this better than i.

if i remember and i am giving the opportunity to be wrong, but i think there was

a vote and the players didn't want them there. with fisk was the way he was

forced to retire and they couldn't allow pall in after they did that to fisk,

if i remember and i am giving the opportunity to be wrong, but i think there was

I'd certainly be interested in having that story confirmed, if it is correct. That's the first I've heard about that.

I'd certainly be interested in having that story confirmed, if it is correct. That's the first I've heard about that.

you know what, i remember that, but as i said, i may be wrong on this.

the situation of forcing fisk to accept retirement was a distraction and

was ugly. i know that the sox took a hit on the pr side, but it was

a deed that needed to be done.

Even that point is debatable, though at the time it occured I felt the same as you. However, I have since heard about Fisk expressing the fact the Lamont would not give him any playing time and therefore Fisk could not get things going. Could just be sour grapes on Carlton's part, but who knows.

I will be there Monday and Tuesday.

This team needs to be supported, they have earned that. They also seem to get up for big games in front of big crowds ( scubs and Twinkies series). Time to pack the cell.

I will be there Monday and Tuesday.

This team needs to be supported, they have earned that. They also seem to get up for big games in front of big crowds ( scubs and Twinkies series). Time to pack the cell.

40,000+ in attendance, 20,000 paid.

Even that point is debatable, though at the time it occured I felt the same as you. However, I have since heard about Fisk expressing the fact the Lamont would not give him any playing time and therefore Fisk could not get things going. Could just be sour grapes on Carlton's part, but who knows.

I loved Fisk as a player, but he was done. If he had anything left someone would have picked him up, and he really could have stuck it to JR, Lamont and everybody else who thought he couldn't play anymore. How old was he, 45?