JIM THOME!!!!!!!!

Buehrle>Wood

Your guys' beef is with him being on the roster; mine as well.

If he starts the game, he plays the game. You don't make lefty-righty pinch hit moves in the fifth f***ing inning.

You just DON'T.

He should not be on the roster; but him being in the lineup, he must bat in that situation.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Your guys' beef is with him being on the roster; mine as well.

If he starts the game, he plays the game. You don't make lefty-righty pinch hit moves in the fifth f***ing inning.

You just DON'T.

He should not be on the roster; but him being in the lineup, he must bat in that situation.

Why you can't you make moves?

Cause it's too early in the game.

No manager pulls that crap that early in the game. A starter starts and plays.

Late inning pinch hitting is regarded as fine; early inning pinch hitting goes against baseball's unwritten code.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Cause it's too early in the game.

No manager pulls that crap that early in the game. A starter starts and plays.

Late inning pinch hitting is regarded as fine; early inning pinch hitting goes against baseball's unwritten code.

But I thought you liked Ozzie cause he doesn't care about baseball's "code"? And BTW, I still think your reasoning is awful. It was the 5th inning for your platoon player. Not like it was the 1st inning for one of your everyday starters.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
But I thought you liked Ozzie cause he doesn't care about baseball's "code"? And BTW, I still think your reasoning is awful. It was the 5th inning for your platoon player. Not like it was the 1st inning for one of your everyday starters.

I think he does go with the code most of the time. I was pointing out that in the playoffs/WS in '05 he let our starters finish games. That was against the norm, not the code. The code is not bunting in the seventh inning or later on a no hitter, etc.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
I think he does go with the code most of the time. I was pointing out that in the playoffs/WS in '05 he let our starters finish games. That was against the norm, not the code. The code is not bunting in the seventh inning or later on a no hitter, etc.

There is no code for handling someone hitting 0.000 against LHP. Swap him out as you see fit.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)
There is no code for handling someone hitting 0.000 against LHP. Swap him out as you see fit.

Sqwert, then why play him at all if you are going to f***ing play lefty/lefty crap in the fifth inning?

You don't understand. I agree DO NOT EVER PLAY KOTSAY.

But if you do have to play him ,you are saying he is a major league starter, and major league starters in the AL don't get pinch hit for in the fifth inning. Sir, they don't. It's that simple.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)
Sqwert, then why play him at all if you are going to f***ing play lefty/lefty crap in the fifth inning?

You don't understand. I agree DO NOT EVER PLAY KOTSAY.

But if you do have to play him ,you are saying he is a major league starter, and major league starters in the AL don't get pinch hit for in the fifth inning. Sir, they don't. It's that simple.

It's funny that everyone following the game expected him to get pinch hit for as did the Twins broadcast booth which includes former MLB players. It's getting to the point that if Ozzie made Kotsay our everyday 3rd hitter you'd find a reason to defend him. He just can't do anything wrong in your eyes. You've got an excuse lined up for every single questionable decision he's made all year. I'm starting to think you're Ozzie Jr.

Edited by BigSqwert