This post will not be popular

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 07:47 AM)
I often get annoyed when the mood gets very negative on here too, but it's hard to say anything after last night. There were just too many factors to overlook. The division race, the Twins again, the bullpen again, the whole Thome saga. I don't see how you can get on people for reacting to last night's loss.

On the bright side, it only counts as one loss. The Sox still have a chance to win two and really nobody expected to win more than one in MN, so if they can can come away with one we still have a race on our hands.

Anything less than 2 wins in the series and its pretty much a longshot. And they blew 1 win tonight. The Twins are mindf***ing this Sox team and both teams know it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one saw something in those late innings that makes me think we've turned a corner against them. Aside from a gassed Thornton, the rest of the team didn't quit and even showed some balls by throwing at Hardy. I have a sneaking suspicion that we take these next two and rather easily.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 07:06 AM)
I for one saw something in those late innings that makes me think we've turned a corner against them. Aside from a gassed Thornton, the rest of the team didn't quit and even showed some balls by throwing at Hardy. I have a sneaking suspicion that we take these next two and rather easily.

Oooh, I like your moves, Sqwert!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 12:51 AM)
I'm pissed off because I care so damn much about this team. Don't tell me I don't deserve to see a World Series because I care too damn much. And Certainly don't tell me that I don't support my team because I'm angry about moves that would have made them better.

Your post makes no f***in sense, just because someone is pissed off or negative doesn't mean that they don't support or care about this f***in team.

This.

When we all practically live and die with this team and they making f***ing idiotic baseball moves because we want to play NL baseball in an AL launching pad, it gets frustrating because most of us know that it won't work and it hasn't.

Over the past two weeks we have had great chances to just put the Twins away, yet we've blown it in heart breaking fashion each time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:06 AM)

You know what this game reminded me of? August 26th, 2006. Sox were a few games back, were sputtering in the 2nd half, trying like Hell to find a way to claw back towards the top, facing the Twins @ the Cell, Santana on the mound against Contreras, Contreras spots them a big early lead, the Sox claw back with a couple against Santana, a couple off of Steroids Rincon, go into the 9th down 1 run against Nathan...and JD kills a ball off him for his first ever blown save against the Sox.

You're thinking "God that team's pumped up now, they somehow clawed back into it against the Twins, this is it, we've finally gotten to them, JD's pumping his fists rounding the bases"

2 innings later, the Sox offense had resumed being moribund, and Nick Punto had the game winning hit off of Matt Thornton. That was a crushing, crushing loss.

World's Greatest Fan

Wow, kind if surprised to see you post this. I agree on the fact that this team does have more fight in them than some previous years, I said it yesterday before the game. I hope you are right, but this will be a tough battle.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
World's Greatest Fan

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
Wow, kind if surprised to see you post this. I agree on the fact that this team does have more fight in them than some previous years, I said it yesterday before the game. I hope you are right, but this will be a tough battle.

I'm really trying to stay positive. It's hard knowing we have Ozzie making lineup decisions each day and continually putting us behind the 8 ball.

Ummm...can't we just be happy that this White Sox team is this/close to even being in first? I mean, isn't this a team that most "pundits" and even a good chunk of this board thought would be behind the Twins, Tigers and yes, even the Indians. Some even saw the Royals as above the Sox this year. And now, because of a 25 out of 30 streak, this team made these series important. I know I wouldn't necessarily have thought that at the beginning of the year...and yet here we are. And once again, here we are arguing about what kind of fans Sox fans are.

Can't we just enjoy the ride instead of analyzing every single bump or dip in the road? I mean, it's the middle of August and the Sox still have a chance to win the division...isn't that just a little exciting???

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
I'm really trying to stay positive. It's hard knowing we have Ozzie making lineup decisions each day and continually putting us behind the 8 ball.

You've inspired me. I will try to remain positive. And you're right, this team does fight back. What they need to work on is not putting themselves in that position so often. Without the 4 run spot in the first, last night's game was a different story.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 06:47 AM)
I often get annoyed when the mood gets very negative on here too, but it's hard to say anything after last night. There were just too many factors to overlook. The division race, the Twins again, the bullpen again, the whole Thome saga. I don't see how you can get on people for reacting to last night's loss.

On the bright side, it only counts as one loss. The Sox still have a chance to win two and really nobody expected to win more than one in MN, so if they can can come away with one we still have a race on our hands.

That also seems to be the case with the team itself, unfortunately.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Ummm...can't we just be happy that this White Sox team is this/close to even being in first? I mean, isn't this a team that most "pundits" and even a good chunk of this board thought would be behind the Twins, Tigers and yes, even the Indians. Some even saw the Royals as above the Sox this year. And now, because of a 25 out of 30 streak, this team made these series important. I know I wouldn't necessarily have thought that at the beginning of the year...and yet here we are. And once again, here we are arguing about what kind of fans Sox fans are.

Can't we just enjoy the ride instead of analyzing every single bump or dip in the road? I mean, it's the middle of August and the Sox still have a chance to win the division...isn't that just a little exciting???

No. The expectation every single year (unless your team is rebuilding) is to win and get to the playoffs, not to think it's cute that they JUST missed the playoffs.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
No. The expectation every single year (unless your team is rebuilding) is to win and get to the playoffs, not to think it's cute that they JUST missed the playoffs.

Indeed. With that type of attitude you might as well follow the Cubs.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Ummm...can't we just be happy that this White Sox team is this/close to even being in first? I mean, isn't this a team that most "pundits" and even a good chunk of this board thought would be behind the Twins, Tigers and yes, even the Indians. Some even saw the Royals as above the Sox this year.

If this is the case (fifth place finish), then the General Manager of this team should be fired immediately, given the team's poor farm system and $107 million dollar payroll. This is how far we have regressed since 2005...Too many content fans like this one being content with a bad team just because we 'won it all' that year.

I'm not content...but this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm too old to live and die with each and every game of a 162 game season. I love watching this team, win or lose, although it's more fun when they win. My point is, why are we talking about blowing up a team and an organization when the 2010 White Sox are OVERACHIEVING! Of course, I want to see them win every year...but that doesn't happen to any team. Ever. I come into every season hoping that the Sox will win the World Series. And at the end of the season, there are always games that you can point to and say, "That was a big win/loss." But to praise and/or rip this team daily is just going to give you unneeded stress. It's a game. It's fun. It's icing on the cake of life. 2005 was a fantastic year. I'll never forget it. But so was '85, '91-'93, '96-'98 and '09-'10. But in the grand scheme...I'll take my wedding and birth of my two kids over any of those. I'm not Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guillen or any member of the White Sox organization...so I have nothing invested in this other than to enjoy the ride. So keep your insults about being a Cub fan.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
I'm not content...but this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm too old to live and die with each and every game of a 162 game season. I love watching this team, win or lose, although it's more fun when they win. My point is, why are we talking about blowing up a team and an organization when the 2010 White Sox are OVERACHIEVING! Of course, I want to see them win every year...but that doesn't happen to any team. Ever. I come into every season hoping that the Sox will win the World Series. And at the end of the season, there are always games that you can point to and say, "That was a big win/loss." But to praise and/or rip this team daily is just going to give you unneeded stress. It's a game. It's fun. It's icing on the cake of life. 2005 was a fantastic year. I'll never forget it. But so was '85, '91-'93, '96-'98 and '09-'10. But in the grand scheme...I'll take my wedding and birth of my two kids over any of those. I'm not Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guillen or any member of the White Sox organization...so I have nothing invested in this other than to enjoy the ride. So keep your insults about being a Cub fan.

Good points. Imagine being a Pirates fan, when you know before the season starts that your team will not make the playoffs. However, I think a lot of the frustration we're seeing here is because the Sox playing miserably against the Twins is an annual event. And, the Sox having a bad second half is damn near an annual event. The folks you see on here getting angry about this stuff are fans. We have a right to be pissed off about the poor performance of this team. We're passionate about this team, and we want them to win. We don't want them to give us a bunch of up and down thrills only to have them just miss the playoffs. I for one couldn't shrug my shoulders and say "oh well" if this team ends up 2 games out at the end of the season.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)

A couple of things:

1.) It's a great thing that you put things in perspective and realize your family is more important than the game, but I'm not sure exactly what that has to do with anything.

2.) It's a message board that we all post on almost daily, of course we're going to discuss/praise/rip them on a daily basis.

3.) This is no shot at you in particular, but I can't stand the line "I'm too old/mature/experienced in life" about not getting too involved emotionally.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
After seeing the reaction of White Sox fans over the last week and a half, I hate to say it......but we don't deserve a World Series title.

Good fans support their team through thick and than. Good fans have confidence in their teams at all times. Good fans convey that confidence onto the team and inspire them to achieve positive results. The White Sox fan base is just the opposite of this at this point in the season.

Tonite, the Twins blew a four run lead and than blew a one run lead. If we did that in a game, a high majority of our fan base would give up on the game. Compare this to what Minnesota fans did tonite. They went into the bottom of the 10th confident that their team would come back from the first deficit of the game and the team accomplished the task.

Every team is going to have some bad losses during the season. Every team is going to blow some games during the season. Get real people...there are 162 games in the season and no team has ever come close to going 162-0.

It's how we react to a bad AB, a bad inning, a bad game, or a bad week that makes this team winners or losers. And if you don't think the fan base plays a part in that reaction, you are definitely mistaken.

The negativity of this fan base has to end if we are to ever win another World Series....not just in this season, but anytime in the foreseeable future.

I don t agree with this post but anyways...

I came into this series expecting us to get swept but I was impressed with our comeback, usually we would fold without even a peep but hopefully that Young incident fires up this team the next 2 games or else we are out of the division race...

If Ozzie doesn t send a fastball at Young s helmet, then he can go f**k himself.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Indeed. With that type of attitude you might as well follow the Cubs.

Tough crowd.

I for one enjoy the ride. It's baseball.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
After seeing the reaction of White Sox fans over the last week and a half, I hate to say it......but we don't deserve a World Series title.

Good fans support their team through thick and than. Good fans have confidence in their teams at all times. Good fans convey that confidence onto the team and inspire them to achieve positive results. The White Sox fan base is just the opposite of this at this point in the season.

Tonite, the Twins blew a four run lead and than blew a one run lead. If we did that in a game, a high majority of our fan base would give up on the game. Compare this to what Minnesota fans did tonite. They went into the bottom of the 10th confident that their team would come back from the first deficit of the game and the team accomplished the task.

Every team is going to have some bad losses during the season. Every team is going to blow some games during the season. Get real people...there are 162 games in the season and no team has ever come close to going 162-0.

It's how we react to a bad AB, a bad inning, a bad game, or a bad week that makes this team winners or losers. And if you don't think the fan base plays a part in that reaction, you are definitely mistaken.

The negativity of this fan base has to end if we are to ever win another World Series....not just in this season, but anytime in the foreseeable future.

I'm pretty sure all those Yankees fans deserve those 27 world championships.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
3.) This is no shot at you in particular, but I can't stand the line "I'm too old/mature/experienced in life" about not getting too involved emotionally.

I agree with this. There are men out there in their 70s that live and die with every Sox pitch or with every interception that Cutler throws. It doesn't mean that they haven't matured or anything like that. Every person can decide how emotionally involved they want to be with a sports team, it has nothing to do with age/experience/maturity.

I was wondering how I'd feel about this thread after the bitterness from last night wore off, and to see if I felt any different. I don't. f*** everything about this thread. It sucks. The reasons have already been stated by other posters but in nicer language. That is all.