Sox @ Twins SLUMPBUSTER SPECIAL THREAD 9/18

Steve9347

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Pierre LF

Ramirez SS

Rios CF

Konerko 1B

Quentin DH

Pierzynski C

Jones RF

Vizquel 3B

Beckham 2B

Floyd P

That's about the right people to play against Liriano. Beckham should be higher, but otherwise, best case lineup. No Kotsay, and Ozzie noticed that AJ actually looks OK against Liriano last time out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
That's about the right people to play against Liriano. Beckham should be higher, but otherwise, best case lineup. No Kotsay, and Ozzie noticed that AJ actually looks OK against Liriano last time out.

Wonder if we'll see a PH for Jones if any of the Twins RH relievers come in.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
I was gonna say 2000 (we were close in 2006 from that incident) but I know it was not in Ozzie's tenure.

I swear if I was a White Sox pitcher, Ozzie wouldn't have to tell me s***. I would go high and tight on Young and (if I didn't get thrown out) Mauer too.

Call me the bad guy, but Young would get one to the dome just for high five-ing his teamates after that bulls*** coward play at the plate. Oh well, that's what helmets are for.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
^^

This. He would of been better off facing Scott Baker yesterday.

Actually, a decent way to use him could have been having him facing any RHP that the Twins brought in from their bullpen...if Jones had come in to face the LHP in the 5th.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
Actually, a decent way to use him could have been having him facing any RHP that the Twins brought in from their bullpen...if Jones had come in to face the LHP in the 5th.

Please don't go there. No smart manager would make a move in the 5th inning to try and help his team. The only strategy that can be used in the first 6-7 innings is small ball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Please don't go there. No smart manager would make a move in the 5th inning to try and help his team. The only strategy that can be used in the first 6-7 innings is small ball.

Hell, I keep coming back to our failure to use small ball in the 6th inning when AJ led off with a double and Alexei didn't bunt him to 3rd after showing bunt on the first pitch and wondering what happened.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)

Ahem. I believe it's called SMART ball.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm going to be pissed if we try to start something with the Twins. We're not in a position to give them extra baserunners just so we can prove how macho we are.

I'm against it, but if it happens we damnwell better win the f*****g fight.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm going to be pissed if we try to start something with the Twins. We're not in a position to give them extra baserunners just so we can prove how macho we are.

Might as well plank Joe Mauer. Dude gets on base like 9/10 times anyway. (well not THAT high of odds but you know what I mean)

QUOTE (11and1 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
I'm against it, but if it happens we damnwell better win the f*****g fight.

It's not the right time to start something with them.

They are on fire; they have our number. I GUARANTEE you they will kick our ass in any fight tonight. It would be ugly.

And Thome will own somebody just like Nolan Ryan beat the s*** out of Ventura. It would be a similar fight.

I predict Thome knocks out Jones with one punch to the face if we fight. And somebody breaks Alexei in half.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
It's not the right time to start something with them.

They are on fire; they have our number. I GUARANTEE you they will kick our ass in any fight tonight. It would be ugly.

And Thome will own somebody just like Nolan Ryan beat the s*** out of Ventura. It would be a similar fight.

I predict Thome knocks out Jones with one punch to the face if we fight. And somebody breaks Alexei in half.

I actually think it is the perfect time. We are 4 games back and could be done in 72 hours for the season. They have hit our batters and taken cheap shots at us. Time to get our asses in gear.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
What he say?

I'm sure he said, "We stand no chance. The season is over."

Or whatever he said can be construed as that.

Fathom I really hope you get your wish and we get rid of Ozzie so you can relax or move on to something else. I would wish that for you. I'd gladly give up my worship of Ozzie so you can finally be rid of him. I wish I could make it happen for you. And I'm being sincere about that. I'll gladly take a new manager, cause I don't think they have much affect either way, unless they are Bevington-ish. Totally clueless individuals who come across as mean pricks.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
From Cowley twitter "Oz to Sox fans crying about Thome: "Don't like it that Thome isn't here? Good, don't watch the f------ White Sox."

LOL.

I LOVE the way Ozzie fights back at the fans. I love when managers mix it up with the fans. Fans get the right to say whatever they want on here, on postgame shows, on twitter. I think it's great when they slam it right back.

Back to you, fans. Now it's your turn again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
From Cowley twitter "Oz to Sox fans crying about Thome: "Don't like it that Thome isn't here? Good, don't watch the f------ White Sox."

That’s rich coming from the man whose managing to make White Sox games nearly unwatchable.