Sox @ Twins SLUMPBUSTER SPECIAL THREAD 9/18

Steve9347

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
WHY THE F*** CAN'T WE BEAT THE F****N' TWINKIES??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause their offense is way better, their defense is solid, their manager is much better than ours, and they have confidence vs the Sox regardless of what inning/situation it is. The Twins go into series with the Sox knowing they can sweep. The Sox go into series against the Twins with a goal of winning 2 of 3.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
I think it has something to do with the Twins having a better team than us. :gosox4: Maybe that wasn't true in other years, but that's certainly the case this year, and -- c'mon guys -- it's not really close. They were better than us last year, and made good offseason acquisitions (Hardy, Hudson and, yes, Thome), so it's not really all that surprising, I guess. It's frustrating, but it's not like this is about much more than that. They ARE BETTER THIS YEAR. (Go around the diamond, even without Morneau, and ask if you'd rather have their guy or our guy). The only quibble I have is with our pitching in these series against them but, hey, the Twins have a good lineup.

I was told the Twins couldn't win outside. Miraculously, they have the best home record in the AL.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Let's give a MUST win game to a rookie with two on................ Ozzie pls get hit by a bus

What do you people want? Who do you want him to bring in? I just read that 20 of you think Ozzie is an idiot for keeping Floyd in as long as he did.

Now tell me, who the f*** is he supposed to bring in that hasn't sucked in the last week?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
WHY THE F*** CAN'T WE BEAT THE F****N' TWINKIES??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think they have the same mentality we have; that feeling of dread we get when we have to play the twins and we just feel like were going to lose some way as opposed to how we feel when we face the tigers or something (before this last series). it may not be the case, i dont know because im not in the dugout, but it just always seems like the twins want to win so much more than the sox, theyre so much tougher and have that killer mentality that it seems like we lack. anyways,i was thinking this today lol