Sox @ Twins SLUMPBUSTER SPECIAL THREAD 9/18

Steve9347

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
because the pen hasnt been any better, like it matters

Span has hit .500 off of Floyd in his career. Floyd is getting rocked. Sale is left handed, as is Span. As a result our manager who manages like he just huffed gas for two hours gives the Twins a free base runner.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
Span has hit .500 off of Floyd in his career. Floyd is getting rocked. Sale is left handed, as is Span. As a result our manager who manages like he just huffed gas for two hours gives the Twins a free base runner.

"It's too early in the game to make a move".

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
This doesn't suprise me a damn bit and i hate it. We're just not built to beat the Twins.

I think it has something to do with the Twins having a better team than us. :gosox4: Maybe that wasn't true in other years, but that's certainly the case this year, and -- c'mon guys -- it's not really close. They were better than us last year, and made good offseason acquisitions (Hardy, Hudson and, yes, Thome), so it's not really all that surprising, I guess. It's frustrating, but it's not like this is about much more than that. They ARE BETTER THIS YEAR. (Go around the diamond, even without Morneau, and ask if you'd rather have their guy or our guy). The only quibble I have is with our pitching in these series against them but, hey, the Twins have a good lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Stone is ripping the decision to leave Gavin in. At least I'm getting optimistic people are turning on Ozzie.

Its hilarious that Gavin is still pitching. The exact same movie played 6 days ago.

Lets bring in this years 1st round draft choice to stop the bleeding.

This won't affect his confidence.

That'll work.