So we lost again

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
We are 4-10 against the Twins. Our awful manager is going off the deep-end and wants us all to f*** off. We play with no effort and refuse to take any sort retaliation or do anything of note against our archrivals. Things are going just great.

Um, how about our two best pitchers soiling themselves when we REALLY needed them? And I don't know how you can be complaining about effort. We lost on a walk-off last night and another tough 1-run loss tonight. I've made my feelings about Ozzie pretty clear. But can't say much about him in this series. We're getting beat by a better team.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
He looked f***ing great. I have to temper my enthusiasm. As KW is liable to trade him for another expensive, underachieving pitcher that Cooper told him he can fix.

With the sunk money they already have in guys like Rios, Peavy, et al I don't see them trading Sale. He is a cheap bullpen arm that looks for real. You can't give that up unless it is for something pretty damn amazing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Um, how about our two best pitchers soiling themselves when we REALLY needed them? And I don't know how you can be complaining about effort. We lost on a walk-off last night and another tough 1-run loss tonight. I've made my feelings about Ozzie pretty clear. But can't say much about him in this series. We're getting beat by a better team.

If it wasn't for the NL cherry picking, we would of been long gone a while back. The first two months of doing nothing and our inability to beat our division and bad teams outside of the NL is why we are here. We basically have handed this over without a whimper or a fight.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
With the sunk money they already have in guys like Rios, Peavy, et al I don't see them trading Sale. He is a cheap bullpen arm that looks for real. You can't give that up unless it is for something pretty damn amazing.

I thought the same thing about Hudson. No prospect is safe with KW around.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
This series isn't on Ozzie. It's on our arms crapping the bed when we needed them the most.

This is traditional crappy 2nd half sox baseball. When we pitch, we can't hit. When we hit, we can't pitch. If we come back, we give up a run and get walked off. People kick balls, and piddles down their pantlegs. No matter how tough a guy is, how much playoff baseball he has played. The minute he gets put into the spotlight against the twins, they just freak out. Danks pitched in game 163 and has playoff experience. He piddles down his leg. Floyd pitched in a playoff hunt. Piddle again.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
And our starting pitching fails to show up, and when Floyd is bad, our awful manager refuses to pull him.

What's he going to replace him with? I don't trust anyone in the pen except Thornton and the rookie. I'd trust the starters to keep it close instead of Pena, Putz or Linebrink make us wish the 10 run rule was in effect in MLB.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
We are 4-10 against the Twins. Our awful manager is going off the deep-end and wants us all to f*** off. We play with no effort and refuse to take any sort retaliation or do anything of note against our archrivals. Things are going just great.

I was happy to see the take out at the knees of the shortstop to break up a double play. That was nasty. It was totally an intent to injure move.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
He looked f***ing great. I have to temper my enthusiasm. As KW is liable to trade him for another expensive, underachieving pitcher that Cooper told him he can fix.

I doubt unless it's one of those "over the hill Kenny always wanted guys".

The Sox will need a closer next year and maybe that new kid might have to fill the role.

Yes. He already is starter material.

I hate to say it, but maybe he was lefty insurance in case we did not lock up J Danks long term.

Next Lefty with any starting potential is Leesman in AA. He should be ready in 2012. Backend though (4/5).

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
I hate to say it, but maybe he was lefty insurance in case we did not lock up J Danks long term.

Next Lefty with any starting potential is Leesman in AA. He should be ready in 2012. Backend though (4/5).

I'm not banking on Leesman doing anything.

Sale is merely the best pitcher that fell to the Sox at that spot. Conveniently he is a lefty, and was a steal at the 13th pick.

I'm not banking on Leesman doing anything.

Sale is merely the best pitcher that fell to the Sox at that spot. Conveniently he is a lefty, and was a steal at the 13th pick.

I hear ya, I was just pointing out that after 2011 the rotation may change in a big way as Buerhle's contract is over, JDanks may be dangled/traded if he does not commit long term, Peavy (WHo knows how he will return), and EJax is also a FA. Only one under contract with any sort of stability will be Floyd. There will be many threads about this next year of course.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
I hear ya, I was just pointing out that after 2011 the rotation may change in a big way as Buerhle's contract is over, JDanks may be dangled/traded if he does not commit long term, Peavy (WHo knows how he will return), and EJax is also a FA. Only one under contract with any sort of stability will be Floyd. There will be many threads about this next year of course.

No doubt. He might replace Danks eventually. Things are always in flux, especially with Kenny at the helm. As others noted, I really hope Sale isn't traded.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 03:41 AM)
If it wasn't for the NL cherry picking, we would of been long gone a while back. The first two months of doing nothing and our inability to beat our division and bad teams outside of the NL is why we are here. We basically have handed this over without a whimper or a fight.

We had our chances to stay close to Minnesota by splitting that first four gamer in Minnesota (yes, yes, Jenks cost us that split of a series), then we had a great chance to gain revenge in Chicago. It's our ballpark where we've played well. Could we sweep? Not quite, how about one lousy win of three. That set the tone for this sweep in Minnesota.

Our only hope is after tomorrow's loss that Minnie has a horses*** September and we get our act together. I know we Sox fans wouldn't be thinking we had anything won if we were 6 up after tomorrow.

The Twins still could implode. Very unlikely, however

Edited by greg775