Botch trade

LDF

Well when Koch is back at 100% next year and Cotts is pitching well as a 5th starter I think things will be looking real good, especially considering Foulke will be getting a big money free agent contract from someone not named the Oakland A's.

but the prospects that oak will get in foulke leaving.

but the prospects that oak will get in foulke leaving.

And the Sox will get that too when Koch eventually leaves. Also I'm not sure if Oak offers Foulke arbitration cause most likely he'd get a raise from the 6 mill he was already paying and I got a feeling Oaklands ownership is gonna want to cut payroll since their attendance hasn't been too hot this year.

Whose to say Foulke is gonna get 6.5 or 7 mill in a multi year deal? Right now I think he'd be really lucky to get that on the open market, but if he is offered arb I think he gets 7 mill. It all depends on ownership if you ask me, but I see Foulke getting 5 mill a year for about 3 years.

And the Sox will get that too when Koch eventually leaves.  Also I'm not sure if Oak offers Foulke arbitration cause most likely he'd get a raise from the 6 mill he was already paying and I got a feeling Oaklands ownership is gonna want to cut payroll since their attendance hasn't been too hot this year.

Whose to say Foulke is gonna get 6.5 or 7 mill in a multi year deal?  Right now I think he'd be really lucky to get that on the open market, but if he is offered arb I think he gets 7 mill.  It all depends on ownership if you ask me, but I see Foulke getting 5 mill a year for about 3 years.

that is IF botch ever returns to his old self. ;)

Koch was overworked for a long time and I think thats the cause of this drop in velocity, etc. Mechanically he's looked fine to me and I've noticed him keeping the ball down more, but anytime he leaves it up they make him pay by hammering it.

I got a lot of confidence in Billy...and yep I'm one of the few, but I got a tendency to like a guy that most people don't.

Koch was overworked for a long time and I think thats the cause of this drop in velocity, etc.  Mechanically he's looked fine to me and I've noticed him keeping the ball down more, but anytime he leaves it up they make him pay by hammering it.

I got a lot of confidence in Billy...and yep I'm one of the few, but I got a tendency to like a guy that most people don't.

there are times when a player will not come back from being overworked.

Koch has had an "off" year once before and came back strong. Even though this trade has major implications on this season, it still can't be fairly judged for two or three years. This is true of most trades. Example: Clement-Alfonseca for Willis deal.