WS WINNA!

knightni

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
That's my point. I mean, other than Cabrera and Pujols, you have to struggle to find a more productive 1B this year. I figure he's going to get some pretty nice offers from other teams. Hopefully Viciedo is as good we think he is.

That dude in San Diego says hi...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
I would take Gonzalez in a heartbeat...Adrian plays half his games in a pitcher's park so his power numbers are gonna be lower than PK's.

Petco plays a role. Just pointing out that PK has had a better year. And I would take about 7 1B over PK going forward. I'm just saying that with the year he's having, somebody is probably going to overpay in years and money. If it's not us, fine. But who the hell are we going to replace him with? And don't say Tyler Flowers. Obviously this is something to worry about in the off-season. But it's a big worry of mine.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Petco plays a role. Just pointing out that PK has had a better year. And I would take about 7 1B over PK going forward. I'm just saying that with the year he's having, somebody is probably going to overpay in years and money. If it's not us, fine. But who the hell are we going to replace him with? And don't say Tyler Flowers. Obviously this is something to worry about in the off-season. But it's a big worry of mine.

I don't think PK will be a White Sox next year, maybe Viciedo but he's a butcher, nice arm though.

I think Paulie will be a White Sox next year.

I still wish we had pulled off a Hudson + Flowers + Mitchell + others for AGon and had a Paulie/AGon platoon at first and DH. That would be a frightening combo. It would be even better seeing the year Flowers has had and having Sale to replace Huddy now.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
I think Paulie will be a White Sox next year.

I still wish we had pulled off a Hudson + Flowers + Mitchell + others for AGon and had a Paulie/AGon platoon at first and DH. That would be a frightening combo. It would be even better seeing the year Flowers has had and having Sale to replace Huddy now.

I don't think we ever had a chance of netting Gonzalez.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Runs

Sox: 23

Twins: 14

Hits

Sox: 45

Twins: 34

Errors:

Sox: 1

Twins:2

Wins:

Sox: 1

Twins: 2

Gotta love Sox baseball, but we did get a win at least!

That saids it all. If we got any pitching at all, we sweep this series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Is three years, 36 million the minimum PK is looking at right now?

My friends and I talked about this last night. I agree if 3yr/36mil is what it would take to keep PKo...I wish him well somewhere else.

The 2yr/20 mil as mentioned would be a great contract for P-Ko and maybe the WSox. I believe P-Ko to be JR's favorite player and the WSox will do what it takes to keep him should it be a good move or not.

P-Ko will be 35 going into next year. I hate the idea of owing him 10 million when he's 36, but it very well may be what the WSox will do. I'd rather the WSox offer him a 2yr/25 million deal with a TO/BO worth 2 or 3 million for the second year, but we'll see what happens. I'd be fine with P-Ko walking if he turned down such a deal and received Type A.

Edited by rockren

On this date in 2005, the Indians were 9.5 back of the Sox in the division. Obviously they didn't win, but they got damn close. This season is FAR from over. We have 3 more with Minny in the middle of September back at the Cell.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:51 AM)
This game was so huge. For the moment, I think the season was saved. A sweep and it would've been a wrap. We gotta take care of business against the Royals.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)
I know I keep piling on but 21 hits and Kotsay with an 0-fer. Keep starting him Ozzie. *shakes head*

Amen to the first post!

Didn't Kotsay go 3-for-5 with two ribbies and two runs scored just a couple days ago? How come I was pretty much told to quit beating a dead horse and mentioning Jenks a couple weeks ago, yet this Kotsay stuff goes on and on and on. People told me they very well know my position on Jenks. Well we know your position on Kotsay.

Kotsay sucks. He is pure horses***. He should not be on the roster. Pretty much everyone on Soxtalk including me does not want him on the team.

Do you ever tire of writing this? I stopped on Jenks to give people a f***ing break but this Kotsay stuff is a f***ing broken record and won't stop.

He stinks. We know already!!!! He also isn't going anywhere the rest of this season unless he gets hurt. He won't be on the team next year. Fast forward to then if you would.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
I would normally say this is a great win, but it seems like it just might be too little too late.

I can see why yer skeptical and down milkman...and believe me...I am too. If the Sox would have lost tonight I very well would have cashed in my chips. But let's look at the upcoming series for both teams. We have KC and the Twinkies have the Halos. We very easily could pick up a couple games there. This game might have put some "moxie" back into the boys. Lot's of games left. I say that with guarded optimism knowing the MO after a 21 hit attack by this team (come back scoring one run the next game). But ya never know.

Baseball is a funny game. I'm not saying it will happen, but it would be so funny if we were to sweep KC and Minnesota, flying high after beating us 7 of the last 10, loses the next 3. If the shoe were on the other foot, I could see that happening. Had the Sox won seven of 10 vs. Minnie and had a four-game lead, we promptly lose all 3 to KC and they sweep. Something freaky like that would be right up the Sox alley.

So why not have it reversed?

That would be sooo cool.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
I would normally say this is a great win, but it seems like it just might be too little too late.

The Twins are hot. The Sox are cold. There are 41 games left. I think the Sox can pick up 1 game out every 10 played on the Twins.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
The Twins are hot. The Sox are cold. There are 41 games left. I think the Sox can pick up 1 game out every 10 played on the Twins.

Especially with the good guys playing 16 of their last 22 at home.

Let's mark tonite as a turning point in this seasons quest for a championship banner, world series banner. We have the pitching....we have the hitting....we have the defense....but do we have the heart and conviction to go out and play till it hurts....to make the 2010 Chicago White Sox a team that the sports world will talk about for many years to come....its up to the players first....secondly its up to us fans to make as much noise as we can to invigorate this team, and this city (Chicago)to bleed black and white, for our 2010 Chicago White Sox :gosoxretro: