WS WINNA!

knightni

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 05:33 AM)
Let's mark tonite as a turning point in this seasons quest for a championship banner, world series banner. We have the pitching....we have the hitting....we have the defense....but do we have the heart and conviction to go out and play till it hurts....to make the 2010 Chicago White Sox a team that the sports world will talk about for many years to come....its up to the players first....secondly its up to us fans to make as much noise as we can to invigorate this team, and this city (Chicago)to bleed black and white, for our 2010 Chicago White Sox :gosoxretro:

Great post young chap.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The next 10 days will be the best chance to get back a couple of games. After that, the Twins really have a favorable schedule.

3 vs LAA

4 @ Tex

3 @ Sea

3 vs Det

3 vs Tex

3 @ Cle

3 @ Sox

3 vs Oak

3 vs Cle

3 @ Det

3 @ KC

4 vs Tor

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 06:45 AM)
The next 10 days will be the best chance to get back a couple of games. After that, the Twins really have a favorable schedule.

3 vs LAA

4 @ Tex

3 @ Sea

3 vs Det

3 vs Tex

3 @ Cle

3 @ Sox

3 vs Oak

3 vs Cle

3 @ Det

3 @ KC

4 vs Tor

here's hoping the twins have a zero for 38 losing streak during those games.

Those putrid cock wanking crusty pantie b****es!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
I don't think PK will be a White Sox next year, maybe Viciedo but he's a butcher, nice arm though.

I think you have to sign PK. Many believe that having Kotsay/Jones replacing Thome was a failure. Do they walk down that street again this time trying to replace Konerko?

You have to wait til the seasons over and see how they fare in the division.

Viciedo will not be ready, he's still quite young.

Paulie is second in the AL in homers. Nice.

I love his glove even though he's had a few bobbles lately. I for one worship his scoops. He'll be valuable even as a defender.

I'd sign him 2 years like a lot of you said, then that's it for him unless he's willing to platoon, etc.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
The Twins are hot. The Sox are cold. There are 41 games left. I think the Sox can pick up 1 game out every 10 played on the Twins.

The Sox are not really cold. They've been playing good D and scoring runs. The pitching has been lame.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
Amen to the first post!

Didn't Kotsay go 3-for-5 with two ribbies and two runs scored just a couple days ago? How come I was pretty much told to quit beating a dead horse and mentioning Jenks a couple weeks ago, yet this Kotsay stuff goes on and on and on. People told me they very well know my position on Jenks. Well we know your position on Kotsay.

Kotsay sucks. He is pure horses***. He should not be on the roster. Pretty much everyone on Soxtalk including me does not want him on the team.

Do you ever tire of writing this? I stopped on Jenks to give people a f***ing break but this Kotsay stuff is a f***ing broken record and won't stop.

He stinks. We know already!!!! He also isn't going anywhere the rest of this season unless he gets hurt. He won't be on the team next year. Fast forward to then if you would.

I will continue to talk about it because it needs to be addressed. There is no reason for him to get any more playing time save for a once every 2 week break for Paulie at 1B and that's it. He is not a major league baseball player. No team would be giving him this many starts. Teahen is leaps and bounds better than him at the plate so I will continue to complain when Kotsay gets more starts than Teahen. Maybe you need to take the Kotsay and Wise Fatheads off of your wall and start rooting for actual major league players.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
I will continue to talk about it because it needs to be addressed. There is no reason for him to get any more playing time save for a once every 2 week break for Paulie at 1B and that's it. He is not a major league baseball player. No team would be giving him this many starts. Teahen is leaps and bounds better than him at the plate so I will continue to complain when Kotsay gets more starts than Teahen. Maybe you need to take the Kotsay and Wise Fatheads off of your wall and start rooting for actual major league players.

This might be my favorite post ever.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Berkman on DL

Twins hopefully face Haren and King Felix and then also the Rangers

Berkman on the DL and will miss next weekend..........

The Twins rotation looked bad in this series....maybe the innings are catching up to Carl.

The Twins get both Haren & Weaver this weekend, Lee/Wilson/Lewis vs. Texas. It looks like they might miss King Felix though.

Whats most important though is that the Sox get back on that winning track. They have six straight games against s*** teams, they need to win at least 5 of them before the Yanks come to town.

Glad to see some people are off the ledge. Again.

Now we go to KC. These are the games we "must" win if we're going to stay in this. I'm not saying sweep, but if we don't win this series we don't deserve to stay in it.

That said, we always have a tough time playing there. Oughta be interesting.

I agree, 4 games doesn't seem that bad--when it could have been six.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
Glad to see some people are off the ledge. Again.

Now we go to KC. These are the games we "must" win if we're going to stay in this. I'm not saying sweep, but if we don't win this series we don't deserve to stay in it.

That said, we always have a tough time playing there. Oughta be interesting.

I agree, 4 games doesn't seem that bad--when it could have been six.

I've definitely jumped off the edge already, I'm just waiting to see if I should aim toward the canopy or the sidewalk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Baseball is a funny game. I'm not saying it will happen, but it would be so funny if we were to sweep KC and Minnesota, flying high after beating us 7 of the last 10, loses the next 3. If the shoe were on the other foot, I could see that happening. Had the Sox won seven of 10 vs. Minnie and had a four-game lead, we promptly lose all 3 to KC and they sweep. Something freaky like that would be right up the Sox alley.

So why not have it reversed?

That would be sooo cool.

You still have that land in Upper Mongolia available? :gosox1:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
This might be my favorite post ever.

You don't realize your rants about Kotsay are way more overboard than mine on Jenks? Since everybody hates Kotsay nobody is complaining. All I ask is a quick code sentence like Limbaugh's megadittos so we know you want to blast Kotsay without having to go through the whole thing again. We get the picture so you don't need to "continue to talk about it."

I guess you don't read very well. I don't want Kotsay on the team, either.

I do, however, love Dwyane Wise. You are right there.

I guess technically I am rooting for Kotsay if he's in the lineup though, because I want to win. More often than not he rewards me with a weak tapper to second or weak fly out.

If I wrote your last sentence I'd get a warning letter probably for baiting somebody. Hope you enjoy the one you most assuredly will be receiving soon. Telling me what to do and assuming I have Fatheads on the wall is good bait for a fight.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
You don't realize your rants about Kotsay are way more overboard than mine on Jenks? Since everybody hates Kotsay nobody is complaining. All I ask is a quick code sentence like Limbaugh's megadittos so we know you want to blast Kotsay without having to go through the whole thing again. We get the picture so you don't need to "continue to talk about it."

I guess you don't read very well. I don't want Kotsay on the team, either.

I do, however, love Dwyane Wise. You are right there.

I guess technically I am rooting for Kotsay if he's in the lineup though, because I want to win. More often than not he rewards me with a weak tapper to second or weak fly out.

If I wrote your last sentence I'd get a warning letter probably for baiting somebody. Hope you enjoy the one you most assuredly will be receiving soon. Telling me what to do and assuming I have Fatheads on the wall is good bait for a fight.

You know not of what you speak. Sarcasm isnt the same as what you were doing when you were warned