Sox @ Royals, 8/20, E-Jax vs Paddy Boy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
Man, it'll be beyond sorry if we don't sweep this team. Has anybody heard of any of these three starters the Royals are running out there? I know Bullington won a game against the Yankees recently. But still. He's awful.

NM. f***. We get Greinke Sunday.

The Royals just split a four game series with the Yankees and took 2 of 3 from Cleveland. This KC team is way better now than before and they are capable of pounding Freddy who may be pitching Game One now. Kila and Butler and Gordon equals potential trouble.

We've had severe pop up storms here the last couple weeks. I will say there was one incredible pattern of dark clouds that produced no rain, then they started the game and they pretty quickly got hit with the next wave that had lighning and knocked out the power everywhere and after that it was OVA. They should have known by radar that the game was doomed.

Predictably, we didn't score in the first off a hack pitcher. Tomorrow we face two complete unknowns, though Bullinger mowed down the yankees in a shutout. Will the two unknowns do what unknowns usually do to us? 4-1 and 3-1 losses?

Edited by greg775

They can't start a DH at 3:00 cause of FOX's exclusive broadcast window. Why can't they have one game at 12 and one at 6?? That does not make sense.

When division races get tight in September, they always talk about how one game makes the difference. Well, this game may be the difference. Because some douchebag let 20 minutes of baseball happen when the next 4 hours were guaranteed T-storms, the Sox have to start a reliever on the same day as their 5th starter. I hope Freddy does well, as do I hope that Pena can throw 4 or 5 good innings, but man, the Sox suddenly got stuck in a s*** position.

What the f***? Is it really worse to start Jackson in game 2 than Tony Pena? They'd rather baby these pitchers and basically give up a win by starting a reliever? 7 pitches, 7 f'n pitches might f*** our season over haha.... Wow

Well the Sox could send Sale down and call someone up as either mop-up help in either of the two games tomorrow or to spot start. Then after tomorrow send the mop-up/spot starter down and activate Threets from the DL. Sale could be back with the club August 31st/September 1st depending on how Threets does and who you want on the playoff roster. Harrell started last night for Charlotte so I guess that guy would have to be Torres.

Obviously not the best case scenario, but it would help the Sox save a few guys for Sunday if necessary.