Sox @ Royals, Sox @ Royals, 8/21 x 2

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
50-53 now against AL teams. We're suppose to actually think this team can win an AL division??

Well in the encouraging side of things, Ozzie's NL style baseball would work in the NL. The fact that we are in the AL however is a bit of a worry.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Well in the encouraging side of things, Ozzie's NL style baseball would work in the NL. The fact that we are in the AL however is a bit of a worry.

probably the reason why our interleague record is so outstanding.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:39 AM)
probably the reason why our interleague record is so outstanding.

the funny thing is Ozzie uses our interleague record to try and demonstrate that the decisions he made during the offseason were correct. Can't we just trade him to the Marlins for Gabby Sanchez?

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
First one to tell me why Garcia was allowed to let the tying run come to the plate . . . gets a big 'ol prize!

Ozzie was desperately trying to save the bullpen. Staffing game 2.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how Jackson can't go at all tonight after a 7 pitch outing?

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
Sale tops out at 97-98. Gun is way off.

My post was baseball stupid anyway, and I deleted it. I forgot, in the 101 mph pitch glory, that Sale has the Prior-Strasburg delivery, and I said that Strasburg was going to blow out his arm within the first 2 years of him starting, and by the accounts posted from member of WSI who watched the Nationals game, Strasburg was removed from the game after throwing a pitch holding his elbow in severe pain. If Sale really throws 100 mph, he'll blow out his elbow too. We might be better off using Sale as trade bait after he's proven he can get major league hitters out as a starter for half a season. IMO pitchers with that delivery are ticking time bombs. I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but Prior and now Strasburg have proven that that delivery is just too stressful on a human shoulder and elbow. I saw 101 mph and logic flew out the window.

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:40 AM)
How the heck is that a mediocre pitch? He dominated the first 2 hitters with it.

Because we've seen it get destroyed all season. When he was going well during interleague play, he finally started using the 4-seamer/curve as his only pitches. Since he left for bereavement leave, he hasn't been the same with his pitch selection.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Ozzie was desperately trying to save the bullpen. Staffing game 2.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how Jackson can't go at all tonight after a 7 pitch outing?

No, I know that -- but there's really no damn difference between running Santos out there with 2 out in the 7th or to start the 8th -- so might as well get Garcia OUT OF THERE!

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:40 AM)
First one to tell me why Garcia was allowed to let the tying run come to the plate . . . gets a big 'ol prize!

Ozzie's gut...go back and look at this thread. You're so right, no f***ing chance he should have let Garcia face Aviles. That decision cost us this game, IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Because we've seen it get destroyed all season. When he was going well during interleague play, he finally started using the 4-seamer/curve as his only pitches. Since he left for bereavement leave, he hasn't been the same with his pitch selection.

His stuff has varied from outing to outing this season. That's the problem. His sinker was on tonight and he was unlucky to not get Aviles out. To blame Bobby is poor considering the 5-1 lead that was blown in the 7th.