Sox @ Royals, Sox @ Royals, 8/21 x 2

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Hawk is Ron Santo with a better 100 yard dash time.

1.) The minute the ball goes into the air you are getting a stretch out of the Hawk. Like he is calling to the four corners of the earth to help him will the ball over the fence.

2.) He has started openly making comments for the other team to have a misplay. This is just stupid. This is no different that watching the uuber mom at the 12 year old Allstar game calling for some kid to drop the popup so that her kid can have some 10 seconds of glory.

3.) He needs to locate and then harp on some mythical reason that the sox lost. All umpires are openly trying to cause the sox to fail, the weather, a bounce, luck, the mascot farting. Anything but the game on the field and the players involved.

4.) Blame can never be placed on any person in a position of power with the sox. He will first locate whatever rookie he can, because its obviously their fault. Then latin players culminating to the last to be blamed AJ. His golden child. Then its back other mythical reasons that the play wasnt made.

You get a robot, and a few MP3s of the Hawk and I can write a logic loop around it and you won't know that he wasnt there.

Haven't been on the board with you in awhile SSI71; you're still in great form, I see. Classic stuff.

Regarding Hawk and AJ, in the brief parts of the game that I watched tonight, I did hear Hawk say that AJ doesn't know how good a hitter he can be. Hmm. AJ's 32 now. If he hasn't gotten it by now, I'm not sure when this Hawk-inspired bolt of lightning is going to strike.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
SSI, did you hear the inning in which Frank and Hawk were saying how great Walker is at buying into his philosophy of hitting?

I have given up on Walker or other ever being replaced. He is a permanent fixture on this team. Just like the Hawk and Ozzie.

Walker is the least of our concerns. We are playing NL style baseball in a ballpark conducive to homers in the american league. This is like charging tanks with men on horses with swords and then getting confused when it didn't go that well.

The Sox are the most demoralized, frightened team in the bigs. Any team that has been walked off that many times in such a short amount of time, as well as has proven they can't beat teams in their own league (and own division, especially) proves this. This team is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode on a GAME TO GAME basis. They're one pitch, or one play away from turning a win into a loss every-single-night.

You can't get your f***ing hopes up watching a team like that. And neither can the players ON that team.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Haven't been on the board with you in awhile SSI71; you're still in great form, I see. Classic stuff.

Regarding Hawk and AJ, in the brief parts of the game that I watched tonight, I did hear Hawk say that AJ doesn't know how good a hitter he can be. Hmm. AJ's 32 now. If he hasn't gotten it by now, I'm not sure when this Hawk-inspired bolt of lightning is going to strike.

Its been a very busy summer, so I have been on here from time to time but not as much. AJ is Hawks boy. He has known him for a long time and Hawk thinks he is probably the smartest player on the planet.

Didn't you all feel sorry for that there Gordon guy trying hard to hang in there against Sale and lay down the bunt? I thoiught he might have poo pooed in his pants. I love that Chris Sale. The Nats have nothing over on us as far as a power rookie piotcher. Now my question is why did Ozzie take him out for Jenks?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Its been a very busy summer, so I have been on here from time to time but not as much. AJ is Hawks boy. He has known him for a long time and Hawk thinks he is probably the smartest player on the planet.

Yes, every Hawk story about AJ is peppered with fun references to Florida high school. Hawk is one weird guy.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Ozzie was desperately trying to save the bullpen. Staffing game 2.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how Jackson can't go at all tonight after a 7 pitch outing?

That's a great point. I know someone mentioned Hawk blaming West for the first game, but if you stop and think about it... If we don't have the second game mess set up today, Santos probably doesn't pitch in that situation. It is someone like Putz or Thornton in that spot.