Sox @ Royals, Sox @ Royals, 8/21 x 2

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:33 AM)
He ain't the only one.

Putz, who was everybody's darling, also brutalized baseball. The home run by Roberts is still soaring as we speak.

Pena really did a nice job tonight coming through for the team.

Lilly can't even get a f***ing bunt down when we are trying to go from 2-0 to 4-0.

Kotsay is miserable; Jones sucks; Rios can't get an extra base hit in six weeks; CQ can't hit on the road; our starters sucked at home vs. Minnie.

Need I name more guys?

Yet Jenks is the high priced closer who's inability to retire hitters as well as stay healthy has caused a terrible chain reaction to our bullpen.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:35 AM)
Couldn't he somehow injure Kotsay simultaneously?

The way things are going, Kotsay will hit .600 during the month of September and get an extension. People on this site will start saying things like "maybe he did just hit into bad luck this season...and his wife is hot".

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
I gotta say I'm enjoying these KC fans the little that are there.

"Hey Jones, nice average. This guy is hitting .210!"

"Hey Kotsay, tell your wife I said hi!" "Your wife hits balls better than you!"

I didn't hear Kotsay getting heckled about his wife. That's awesome. He so deserved that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:36 AM)
Who's that?

Bobby.

Kotsay too, for that matter.

Jones as well.

And AJ.

Hopefully Teahen and Juan and Omar are gone as well, with a tip of the cap to Juan and Omar right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:38 AM)
Bobby.

Kotsay too, for that matter.

Jones as well.

And AJ.

Hopefully Teahen and Juan and Omar are gone as well, with a tip of the cap to Juan and Omar right now.

AJ, Teahen, Juan, and Omar will be back. Wouldn't shock me if Ozzie's dumb ass wants Kotsay back.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:37 AM)
Linebrink finally warming.

You can't tell me you think Oz should have pulled Pena? Is that what you are saying? He can't go four innings against KC?

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
I didn't hear Kotsay getting heckled about his wife. That's awesome. He so deserved that.

It was outstanding. They are giving it better to Jones and Teahen though. A "castaway" and a "has-been." A.J. got some love the last game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:39 AM)
AJ, Teahen, Juan, and Omar will be back. Wouldn't shock me if Ozzie's dumb ass wants Kotsay back.

If all four of those guys are back, that is not good.

We ain't winning a division with those guys taking up four staring slots.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:39 AM)
You can't tell me you think Oz should have pulled Pena? Is that what you are saying? He can't go four innings against KC?

Honestly, he shouldn't be expected to go more than 2 innings based on his previous history. He's been forced to be a long man this season, and it seems it's finally caught up to him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)

You're right. He looked amazing in the previous inning and has been known to pitch 5 innings or more on a regular basis.

Edited by BigSqwert