8/22 Danks vs. Frustrated Royal

Quin

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the pitch f/x charts, West missed at least 15 calls today. Some of them were blatantly obvious too.

And that's only looking at our pitchers' charts.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
Everyone seemed to be worried about how we do against the Twins, when its losing series to the likes of the Tigers, Orioles, and Royals that will be our undoing. The losing record against the AL says we are still a bad team, that had some smoke and mirrors added one when we played the AAA league.

Exactly.

This team is 52-54 vs the AL this season. This is an average team and average teams dont make the postseason in the AL.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
Definitely a series we look back on and say this is what lost us the pennant race if the sox wind up losing by a game or two.

Nah. The last 4 or 5 consecutive series were just as awful.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Definitely a series we look back on and say this is what lost us the pennant race if the sox wind up losing by a game or two.

How is this any different than the Orioles series? If we really want to look back on games that cost us, I'd go with the two heartbreaking losses to the Twins...and go from there. When you have so many games/series you can point to, then maybe it wasn't your year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Season over.

Cant win a series vs KC but still think this team will overcome a 4 game deficit vs the Twins?

Yes I do.

All the bulls*** this team just went through these past few days, coupled with the big win the last game in Minnesota will cause this team to pull together and put on an unbelievable stretch run. And I'm not being facetious.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
After looking at the pitch f/x charts, West missed at least 15 calls today. Some of them were blatantly obvious too.

seems like a lot, what is the typical number in a game

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)

Ozzballs prior profanity-laden tirades against guys like wendelstadt, cuzzi, and west. Go for it guys, keep wondering why pitch f/x never goes our way.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
Yes I do.

All the bulls*** this team just went through these past few days, coupled with the big win the last game in Minnesota will cause this team to pull together and put on an unbelievable stretch run. And I'm not being facetious.

Why is there some bonus round of interleague that I missed on the schedule.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
Saw this on another site, but wouldn't it be nice to be a Royals fan to see that your leadoff hitter is allowed to try and steal a base in a crucial situation?

Don't question Ozzie ball. If you don't like it f*** you and don't watch.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Ozzballs prior profanity-laden tirades against guys like wendelstadt, cuzzi, and west. Go for it guys, keep wondering why pitch f/x never goes our way.

You should never make enemies with the people who can decide your fate. Unfortunately, Ozzie's not that smart when it comes to that stuff.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
Man for as good as the pen had been they have been equally terrible of late...

Well today its kind of hard to fault the pen. The offense had plenty of opportunities to come through and didnt. You are on the road in a tie game, there is no room for error.

What I don't get is that Ozzieball is playing to set up a run if we get another hit in the inning. If you want to bunt, at least bunt when there's a runner on 2nd and no outs. I have no problem playing for a sacrifice fly...which is ironic, because I cannot remember any sac flies since the first game after the ASB.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
What I don't get is that Ozzieball is playing to set up a run if we get another hit in the inning. If you want to bunt, at least bunt when there's a runner on 2nd and no outs. I have no problem playing for a sacrifice fly...which is ironic, because I cannot remember any sac flies since the first game after the ASB.

Ozzieball will probably only work when you have a team ERA hovering around 3 to 3.25. Otherwise it's completely pointless in the AL.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
Yes I do.

Yeah, the team really parlayed that last game in Minnesota into something big.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
How is this any different than the Orioles series? If we really want to look back on games that cost us, I'd go with the two heartbreaking losses to the Twins...and go from there. When you have so many games/series you can point to, then maybe it wasn't your year.

Actually your right. Both these series cost us. The Twins series doesn't bother me nearly as much since they are a good team even without Justin. Teams like these though we are suppose to beat.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Actually your right. Both these series cost us. The Twins series doesn't bother me nearly as much since they are a good team even without Justin. Teams like these though we are suppose to beat.

We were still in first place when we went into a 4 game series at Baltimore. Once we lost the divisional lead that we had accumulated thanks to our 26-5 stretch, it seemed like the Twins picked up a lot of energy.