8/22 Danks vs. Frustrated Royal

Quin

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Yes with man on in eighth and none out, why not bunt him over? Then you have 2 chances for clutch hit.

I understand what you are saying there, but I would think using Pierre's speed might be better or at least hit and run and use his speed and Vizquel's ability to make contact

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
I understand what you are saying there, but I would think using Pierre's speed might be better or at least hit and run and use his speed and Vizquel's ability to make contact

If you're that worried about Pierre's ability to take 2nd on the straight steal, then try the hit and run. If we're giving up runs on the basepaths I like that better than the Kotsay straight steal we saw earlier. Or the AJ bunt attempt.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Yes with man on in eighth and none out, why not bunt him over? Then you have 2 chances for clutch hit.

Because percentage wise a runner will score from from first w/ none out more often than a runner at second with one out. Look, you can keep sucking Ozzie's knob but we're going to keep calling you out for your idiocy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
Hawk has declared Sale a great pitcher.

"Nintendo stuff"

Last person he said that about has been a massive bust in the minors (Andrew Miller). He hasn't used that phrase much, nor has he used "he was all-state in two states".

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Butler's going deep.

Butler's not that great of a "power" hitter.

He'd fit well as a cog in our lineup because we have a lot of HR power already and a HR ballpark, but he's a doubles hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Last person he said that about has been a massive bust in the minors (Andrew Miller). He hasn't used that phrase much, nor has he used "he was all-state in two states".

Did he use that phrase about pre-surgery Liriano?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
Did he use that phrase about pre-surgery Liriano?

Might have, but we never saw the good pre-surgery Liriano. We saw him in 2005 when he was first called up, but never faced him when he was starting during his lights out season.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Hawk has declared Sale a great pitcher.

"Nintendo stuff"

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)

Actually the pitcher that Sale reminds me most of is, in fact, Andrew Miller. Mid 90s heat, high 80s change, low 80s slider. Same pitches actually. Hopefully they have different careers.