Can anyone recall a more gut-wrenching few weeks?

ILMOU

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
I don't agree with this logic at all. Sure, I thoroughly enjoyed that run, but it doesn't make up for yet another disappointing season.

Maybe that hot streak made people forget their own preseason expectations. Have the "best pitching staff" in baseball was suppose to eliminate the need for a base clogging DH.

Getting Teahan and Pierre didn't make me say "wow" but more like "wft"? I never liked Pierre but he's won me over. Good pitching doesn't exist without good D, which doesn't point to Teahan. Defense has always been Kenny's least priority and it's even more evident in the farm system.

Jones and Visquel were another one of Kenny's "lightning in a bottle" acquisitions. Can't complain about Visquel.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
the Jackson deal which was dumb. That deal meant nothing. Pitcher for pitcher.

I thought that too but you got a starter with more big league experience than trusting Hudson in a race. We never get to hear about the deals Kenny couldn't make because the asking price may have been too high. If you are a GM, you want Kenny to part with that wicked rookie pitcher.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)
these last few weeks have been brutal.....and to top it off, I was at Kauffman and sat through that entire doubleheader game on saturday, Just heartbreaking stuff

Ha! Every game I've seen at Kauffman the Sox have lost (about five). :( I know how you feel.