Why Do the Sox Suck Vs. Central Division Teams?

greg775

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
This.

It's fine to ask questions, but you also have to bring some of your own research to the table once in a while.

I actually have given my take on this but thought it would be a good thread. Obviously a good thread is no thread this season on here, except in the non baseball areas where the discussion is civll and actually pretty awesome like on the Blago thread.

My take was that as the biggest and best city in the division and the team to have the most recent WS title, teams get up to play us and we pretty much sleepwalk vs. the teams in the Central. I'm not always big on the mental aspect of baseball, but arguably teams really get up for Chicago, evidenced by how many teams in the division throw at our hitters.

So many people are commenting on what I do and don't do I'd think they'd remember my position on this matter since they seem to know so much about my posts.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Haha, you're upset about this but not upset about Ozzie telling the fans to stop watching the f'n games if they don't like his decisions?

Most of our fans realize it's just Ozzie being Ozzie. Sox fans that watched him as a player and a manager know he says a lot of things. One of the great things about him is how worked up he gets.

On here? I don't need some guy who thinks he's all hot s*** telling me off by telling me to take my ball and go home if I don't like his insults.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
Most of our fans realize it's just Ozzie being Ozzie. Sox fans that watched him as a player and a manager know he says a lot of things. One of the great things about him is how worked up he gets.

On here? I don't need some guy who thinks he's all hot s*** telling me off by telling me to take my ball and go home if I don't like his insults.

I recognize it as kyyle being kyyle.

So what's the difference? :lolhitting

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
lawl, now that I look at the caption of the thread again, it makes it sound like Greg is telling "the sabes people" to do his bidding. xD

I gotta admit, I did like that little shot he gave to the saber people. :lol:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
I actually have given my take on this but thought it would be a good thread. Obviously a good thread is no thread this season on here, except in the non baseball areas where the discussion is civll and actually pretty awesome like on the Blago thread.

My take was that as the biggest and best city in the division and the team to have the most recent WS title, teams get up to play us and we pretty much sleepwalk vs. the teams in the Central. I'm not always big on the mental aspect of baseball, but arguably teams really get up for Chicago, evidenced by how many teams in the division throw at our hitters.

So many people are commenting on what I do and don't do I'd think they'd remember my position on this matter since they seem to know so much about my posts.

I don't think that has much, if anything, to do with it. Because our combined win% against the Central since 2005 is .523. Although we should probably be better, that's not a horrible mark. BTW, the team was above .500 against the division in 06, 07, and 08. They had a win% of .557 vs the Central in those years. It's only been the last two years that they have struggled.

If you take a look at it your way, you'd think that the White Sox would be worse against the Central in 06, 07, and 08 since those were the three years after they won the World Series. That's not even close to the case.

Edited by chw42

Well, there are some restaurants where you're treated rudely by the wait staff (I'm thinking of the Varsity in Atlanta and Gates BBQ in KC) and that's part of the tradition, but it's pretty rare where you'd go to steak place and the mai'tre d would shout "fu-- you" to the dinner party on the way to the table.

I suppose you can make the point that it's EXPECTED that Ozzie is this way...so I suppose if the product is good enough, you'll put up with abusive/lousy treatment or service if the overall experience, in the end, is worth it.

Of course with Ozzie, it's more of a situation where we can put up with his behavior when the team is doing pretty well or successful, it's when the team is struggling that those character "flaws" are held against him. Essentially, the same thing happened to Maradona as a football coach, but he didn't have the World Cup trophy to fall back on in his defense.

I guess the difference is that I didnt say f*** you and he never said he didnt like the steak. my analogy would be I asked the regular at the bar to stop being so loud and he got mad because he is there all the time. I never said stop talking

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
I guess the difference is that I didnt say f*** you and he never said he didnt like the steak. my analogy would be I asked the regular at the bar to stop being so loud and he got mad because he is there all the time. I never said stop talking

And you also didn't ask for your bill money back...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
I recognize it as kyyle being kyyle.

So what's the difference? :lolhitting

Cause they won't let me be me without a reprimand, so when I get insulted, I will mention it back as well. Guess who didn't even chime in on Bobby's performance last night?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)
Cause they won't let me be me without a reprimand, so when I get insulted, I will mention it back as well. Guess who didn't even chime in on Bobby's performance last night?

I see you're quite paranoid.

And do we have to bring back the Bobby Jenks stuff AGAIN?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)

Do you know how many fellow posters have been reprimanded/warned exactly like you were that do not say a word about it on this board at all? I couldnt even count them, yet you constantly bring it up like your heart is so wounded by it. Get over it, I was warned back when I was a normal poster for doing something stupid and I learned from it and moved on and didnt do it again.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Do you know how many fellow posters have been reprimanded/warned exactly like you were that do not say a word about it on this board at all? I couldnt even count them, yet you constantly bring it up like your heart is so wounded by it. Get over it, I was warned back when I was a normal poster for doing something stupid and I learned from it and moved on and didnt do it again.

Aha, the truth comes out. You and all of the other moderators do think you're better than the rest of us.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
Well, there are some restaurants where you're treated rudely by the wait staff (I'm thinking of the Varsity in Atlanta and Gates BBQ in KC) and that's part of the tradition, but it's pretty rare where you'd go to steak place and the mai'tre d would shout "fu-- you" to the dinner party on the way to the table.

I suppose you can make the point that it's EXPECTED that Ozzie is this way...so I suppose if the product is good enough, you'll put up with abusive/lousy treatment or service if the overall experience, in the end, is worth it.

Of course with Ozzie, it's more of a situation where we can put up with his behavior when the team is doing pretty well or successful, it's when the team is struggling that those character "flaws" are held against him. Essentially, the same thing happened to Maradona as a football coach, but he didn't have the World Cup trophy to fall back on in his defense.

I actually went to Gates last week. It's still really good. The original Gates off downtown KC.

Actually the person I was with was asking dumb questions and they didn't do the insult thing at all. They were quite friendly walking the guy through his order.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Or how about why do they suck against EVERY pitcher called up that hasn't done crap at this level...UNTIL they face the Sox. For the love of God...I honestly don't understand this at all. WTF?!?

I'm not going to say this every game, but today, the kid was firing legit stuff up there. He made very few mistakes.