White Sox vs. Orioles, 7:10pm, CSN

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Kendall is batting .576 aginast Linebrink in his career. On Sunday with the man on third and two outs put Kendall on and let the .175 hitter beat you. No the .175 hitter was left handed that and the bunt are the only situational managing moves Guillen makes.

The Twins may get swept and the Sox should have swept the Royals and should sweep the O's. They are in a pennant race and need to play like it.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
I heard that Kendall is batting .576 aginast Linebrink in his career. On Sunday with the man on third and two outs put Kendall on and let the .175 hitter beat you. No the .175 hitter was left handed that and the bunt are the only situational managing moves Guillen makes.

The Twins may get swept and the Sox should have swept the Royals and should sweep the O's. They are in a pennant race and need to play like it.

Ozzie is arguably the worst manager in baseball from a decision making/tactician standpoint....really...is there anyone worse?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
You're right, you and greg and others NEVER speak in absolutes. Bunting with a runner on first, no outs just is not working at all. I cannot believe there is anyone still trying to argue otherwise.

I just try to have a wee bit of common sense and not have a coronary every time ozzie speaks. How is having a runner in scoring position with

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:42 AM)
I just try to have a wee bit of common sense and not have a coronary every time ozzie speaks. How is having a runner in scoring position with

Cause what's the point of having Pierre if you're not going to let him steal to get into scoring position. You might as well have an OBP god like Thome being your leadoff hitter if you're not going to trust him. Now, if Pierre is on 2nd base and no outs, I'm fine with the bunt.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
Cause what's the point of having Pierre if you're not going to let him steal to get into scoring position. You might as well have an OBP god like Thome being your leadoff hitter if you're not going to trust him. Now, if Pierre is on 2nd base and no outs, I'm fine with the bunt.

Moving the guy to third to get him home on a ball in play is good. Needing a hit with only two rather than three opportunites is my problem. Unless the bunter is a bad hitter like the NL pitcher or kotsay.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)

That's kind of a silly stat. You're talking about a 15 plate appearance sample size (Kendall v. Linebrink). I don't think there are very many situations where it makes sense to intentionally walk Jason Kendall.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)

I wonder why Ozzie changed his philosophy. He always had Pods steal 2nd in 2005 instead of bunting him over.

And god our bullpen f***ing blows.