Putz and Thornton likely to the DL

Kalapse

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
I dont like you very much for making me think these thoughts

If Threets is actually injured the likely candidate to replace Thornton is the man with the 1.11 WHIP at Charlotte: Randy Williams.

You're welcome.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Isn't Threets on a rehab assignment and pitched the other day?

4 IP, 6 H, ER, BB, K in 3 rehab outings. He threw 2 scoreless innings on Sunday. He'll most definitely be one of them.

I'll be fine with Threets. Especially with Sale showing he can really pitch. However, we really need Santos to step up into Putz's role. And with tonight's outing, I don't know if he's helping anybody's confidence that he can.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)
Threets and.........

Clevelan Santeliz?

The man with the 6.3 BB/9? My money's on Torres, he's basically the tallest midget. There's always Freddy Dolsi and his 1.60 WHIP. Horrible year for minor league pitchers on the 40 man.

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
He lost his control somewhere on the trip between Winston-Salem and Birmingham this summer.

He was playing great. Now he couldn't find the plate with a GPS.

Correct. Typically the A+ to AA jump is arguably the biggest to make. Dealing with more patient (and better overall) hitters is showing for Kyle. I expect him though to have a very good season next year for the Barons (and the Knights).

we're really gonna need linebrink and pena to step up and be more than long relief mop up guys. threets can hopefully get out lefties, torres can be the long man (when freddy starts) and sale will be the primary 8th inning guy with santos as long as today was just a hitch rather than a sign of him hitting a wall (which is sadly very likely) and then jenks is the closer. may need him to go over an inning a few times

if they can somehow get through these two weeks somehow still in contention than it might end up being a blessing having both of them get two weeks off to get ready for the stretch run.

thats a big if though