Frank Thomas Day 08/29/2010

BigSqwert

Found tickets on stub hub and I'm really looking forward to this game. Who else is going? Anyone want to meet up and tailgate?

:gosox3:

BTW I'll be in section 103 with the wife.

Soxtalk Roll Call:

BigSqwert

tonyho7476

ChiSox_Sonix

PlunketChris

bschmaranz

MEANS

PlaySumFnJurny

kjshoe04

southsidepride15

LittleHurt05

SoxPride56

Steve9347

ChiSox

NIUSox

La Marr Hoyt HOF

smalls2598

typewritermender

BFirebird

LVSoxFan

beautox

Whitewashed in '05

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
I'll be there, not sure what section, but does anyone know if gates are opening earlier than usual or anything that day? I'd like to get in the stadium as early as possible, plus, I gotta get one of those bobbleheads!

Oh snap! Didn't even know it was bobblehead day.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Oh snap! Didn't even know it was bobblehead day.

First 10,000 fans.

I'm gonna be getting in as early as I can. When I was in Seattle, they had free Griffey T-shirts and the line was half way around the stadium over an hour before game time. So I guess it could be that bad Sunday.

Also I can't wait to hang out with all the dudes wearing Jeter jerseys.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Sqwert, I was curious if this game was opening up earlier to account for whatever presentation or ceremony they're doing for Frank, I know the usual times.

I haven't heard anything. I'll try emailing Merk.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
What's the deal with the tables above the bullpen bar in RF? Do you have to pay for those and if so, how do you go about doing that?

Go to the bullpen bar at the beginning of the game, and then you pay extra to sit up there. First come first serve.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
Go to the bullpen bar at the beginning of the game, and then you pay extra to sit up there. First come first serve.

I would assume that bobbleheads will also be given out at the gate near the bullpen bar. Right?

I'll be there with my young son. Bought the tix as soon as they announced the occasion. I like to try go to all these player "days," and was there for Fisk and Harold, as well. I hope to be there in Cooperstown in five years, too.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
I'll be there with my young son. Bought the tix as soon as they announced the occasion. I like to try go to all these player "days," and was there for Fisk and Harold, as well. I hope to be there in Cooperstown in five years, too.

I was talking to the wife about this...need to make a trip for Frank's induction. I'm guessing that stuff needs to be booked as soon as he is announced as getting in.