Frank Thomas Day 08/29/2010

BigSqwert

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
somehow i got tickets for sat. game thinking that was the day, luckily we got some for sunday off craigs list, section 156. So now a full weekend of White Sox baseball!!!

Going Friday, Sat, and Sunday for Hurt Day. Section 118 Row 12 on Sunday :headbang And yeah, lots open 2 hours before game...gates = 90 min.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
My favorite player of all time. Would kill to be there that day but I am taking a week vacation and can't take the day off work. Will be DVRing pregame and game

I guess you won't make the list of REAL fans. :P

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 05:08 PM)
i'll be there in the upper tank. bought 4 tickets as soon as they announced it.

my original plan was to get there early and tailgate, now the plan is to get there early and get bobbleheads. :lolhitting

It's ridiculous how excited I am for the bobblehead, and this day. My only problem is that I'm sitting in left-field.. so, I won't actually see his number on the wall until i make my usual walk around the stadium.

When I bought these tickets I had assumed the Sox were out of the race, but them being even remotely competitive makes it even more exciting.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Statue ceremonies are pregame. I'd suggest getting there as they open the gates to make sure that you don't miss anything.

I don't think there's a statue (yet). At least I haven't heard anything specific about one being unveiled. I believe its just the number being retired and put up on the wall. With both Baines and Fisk, the statues came later.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
I don't think there's a statue (yet). At least I haven't heard anything specific about one being unveiled. I believe its just the number being retired and put up on the wall. With both Baines and Fisk, the statues came later.

Some of that though is because they retired their number before they started putting statues of anyone in the OF.

That said, yeah, the statue comes later.