Frank Thomas Day 08/29/2010

BigSqwert

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PMD @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
I saw him do that-- but holy hell I didn't know that was enough to get you ejected from a ball game these days!

The umps sucked today. Really sucked.

Anybody see the guy in the lower level who got NAILED in the head by a foul ball? It hit him so hard the ball ricocheted back onto the field. I think that's the hardest I've ever seen anyone get hit. Hope he's okay.

that happened like 40 ft from me....that was the hardest shot I've ever seen anyone get hit with. You knew right away it was not good. He walked out with some help from the staff with a bandage on his forehead. Here's hoping he's ok...I would say a CAT scan was on the agenda after he left the park.

Had a great time today. Sat in section 530. Although I forgot how baseball stupid most people are that go to games. Apparently, according to the dude sitting behind me, it's rude to boo former players and coaches. Especially players because, "all they did was get traded." Also this guy sitting in front of me kept yelling "Andruw Jones sucks" in the 8th after Lillibridge got thrown out stealing. This older woman and him got into a great argument. I'm still not sure as to why he hated Andruw Jones so damn much.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
that happened like 40 ft from me....that was the hardest shot I've ever seen anyone get hit with. You knew right away it was not good. He walked out with some help from the staff with a bandage on his forehead. Here's hoping he's ok...I would say a CAT scan was on the agenda after he left the park.

I was in 506 in the last friggin' row and even I saw how bad that was.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
I was there and I started crying like a baby when they unveiled the outfield wall and set off the fireworks.

Yeah I can't say my eyes weren't misting throughout the ceremony. So glad I went. And great to hear the fan reaction to Fisk and Dye as well. Dye seemed genuinely moved.

I had to work yesterday and I missed it. I just watched the video. I couldn't help feeling emotional for Big Frank. My two favorite players of all time, Fisk and Thomas, next to each other on the field and on the wall. Wow. I try to put in perspective because it is just baseball and there are a lot of important things in life, but that ceremony for Frank was an awesome moment that I'm glad I got to see. Wish I could have been there to cheer until I lost my voice.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
Me too. The lady sitting next to me told me she barely got one and she got there at like 10:30

I got there SUPER early and got one. My brother's friend got there at like 11:45 and said that he got one. I guess it just depends on what gate you go in.

So glad I spent the extra $$$ and went to the game. When they showed Frank tear up at the WS parade, you know he was gonna get emotional again. Just an awesome ceremony for my favorite player who I grew up watching. And the best player in Sox history of course.

Those bobbleheads are going for over $50 on eBay right now, might have to sell the one the wife snagged. Gotta keep one of them though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
So glad I spent the extra $$$ and went to the game. When they showed Frank tear up at the WS parade, you know he was gonna get emotional again. Just an awesome ceremony for my favorite player who I grew up watching. And the best player in Sox history of course.

Those bobbleheads are going for over $50 on eBay right now, might have to sell the one the wife snagged. Gotta keep one of them though.

Yeah I threw my wife's on there and it's at $81 right now.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
I'll give it a few weeks to settle down and there will be a few on there for like 20.

Yeah, I must get one too to go with my Estaban Loaiza one (hehe), but I'm not crazy enough to spend more then 20-30 bucks.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
There's a couple of nuts that put them on there for 400 and 500 bucks

Yeah good luck with that.

I learned how to properly eBay Sox giveaways in 2006. Every little WS trinket given away would sell for a ton of money during the 1st 24 hours. Place the item on there the same day/night of the giveaway, offer free shipping, and make it a one day auction and you'll earn the most that you can for that item.

I did 3 day and 5 day auctions at first in 2006 and didn't get nearly as much as the ones that expired within 24 hours so I applied that same formula for the bobblehead yesterday.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press...sp&c_id=cws

White Sox announce two additional Frank Thomas bobblehead giveaways early next season due to demand

Due to the popularity of today's Frank Thomas bobblehead giveaway, the Chicago White Sox have announced that the team will schedule additional Thomas bobblehead giveaways for two games early in the 2011 season.

Dates and quantities of those giveaways will be announced once the 2011 White Sox schedule is finalized.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
Just barely missed the Bobble Head, kind of annoyed that so many Yankee fans got them.

I was more annoyed with the amount of douche Yankee fans that didn't stand up during the ceremony. You stay classy New Yawkers. I'm pretty sure I'd stand up and cheer for the guy if it were Bernie Williams or Paul O'Neill day.

Edited by bschmaranz

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
I was more annoyed with the amount of douche Yankee fans that didn't stand up during the ceremony. You stay classy New Yawkers. I'm pretty sure I'd stand up and cheer for the guy if it were Bernie Williams or Paul O'Neill day.

Or the ones that booed Carlton Fisk.