8/26 Gamethread - O's v. Hose

clyons

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
I'd normally agree but he really came through in the 2005 post season. But then again that was 5 years ago.

if you want to base things off of 2005 performance freddy would be a SP for us this year. obviously you have to go with whoever is hottest. i would also try to go LRLR or RLRL...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
I wish Freddy would teach Edwin the splitter. I think that would be a ridiculous wipeout pitch if he added it.

His slider acts a lot like a splitter.

I think KW cries poor just for the hell of it. As far as I know, JR is the money guy. Read this quote, JR hasn't mentioned anything about a lack of money but KW is looking for loose change:

Whenever I've talked to (Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf), it's less about money even though we are stretched right now," Williams said, speaking in general terms. "We are stretched, and quite frankly we're looking at walkups every day to see exactly what we're going to have available to us. But he certainly hasn't given me any reason to think there are any restrictions right now on dollars."

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Too bad the Twins destroyed Cliff Lee today.

i mentioned this early today but i will repeat. cliff told the rangers he was gassed in the 6th inning of his start a few games ago (v yankees). previously he had 8 or more innings a number of games in a row. he is exhausted right now and the rangers may sit him a few starts down the stretch to get him refreshed.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
i am not sure if copper had anytning to do with it but he sure looks a lot better than peavy

The dude's definitely been a HUGE bonus for this team. Been pretty damn impressive.