Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
The great Paul Hewitt has his team down 36-16 on the road at the powerhouse that is Kennesaw State. I hate him.

The ACC is only 4-2 against the mighty Atlantic Sun going into today.

Our conference looks pretty weak this year.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Redbirds :headbang A good start to a mediocre season.

They don't look as bad/mediocre as I thought they were going to be. They're really young and if/when they gel they're going to be good. Then again I've only watched them play Quincy and SIUE.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 02:28 AM)
Memphis can't shoot from the outside or from the free throw line. They look like a team made entirely of combo guards.

Memphis is lucky we are even worse at shooting FTs.

Really winnable game and would have looked great on the resume. I'm disappointed but not really upset. Had a chance to win or tie in the final minute but we just couldnt knock it down.

If our center can stay out of foul trouble, combined with our guards then I think we can finish in the 4-6 in the ACC.

Our talent level is just so sad. And it's just fantastic to see that in his 7th season as a head coach Chris Lowery still doesn't understand how to run a zone offense or have an effective inbounds plays, f***in pathetic.

On the positive side(I have to find something) our half court defense actually looked pretty decent that half. Hopefully when we're not completely outclassed like we were against the Illini we can be an above average defensive team this season.

Also, if Stephen Bardo(a guy who is usually pretty well educated on SIU, he is from Carbondale after all) brings up Floorburn U again, I'm going to drive down to Carbondale and kick him in the face, that stuff died when the remaining starters from the sweet 16 team departed, and it's embarrassing for this group to be mentioned with it.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Is there a story behind Jelan Kendrick leaving Memphis? Seems strange to have a top player leave right at the beginning of the season.

Punched a teammate, threatened to kill another teammate, and constant arguing with coaches and players during practice.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
Our talent level is just so sad. And it's just fantastic to see that in his 7th season as a head coach Chris Lowery still doesn't understand how to run a zone offense or have an effective inbounds plays, f***in pathetic.

On the positive side(I have to find something) our half court defense actually looked pretty decent that half. Hopefully when we're not completely outclassed like we were against the Illini we can be an above average defensive team this season.

Also, if Stephen Bardo(a guy who is usually pretty well educated on SIU, he is from Carbondale after all) brings up Floorburn U again, I'm going to drive down to Carbondale and kick him in the face, that stuff died when the remaining starters from the sweet 16 team departed, and it's embarrassing for this group to be mentioned with it.

We are bad. When Teague is not on the floor, we are so boring to watch.

Floorburn U went away when Mullins shins got hurt.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)

SIU's half court defense has been very good today. They are just killing themselves with turnovers though which have let Northeastern get into transition in the 2nd half.

Also, as an unbiased observer SIU has been on the short end of the stick on the calls in the last 5 minutes.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
SIU's half court defense has been very good today. They are just killing themselves with turnovers though which have let Northeastern get into transition in the 2nd half.

Also, as an unbiased observer SIU has been on the short end of the stick on the calls in the last 5 minutes.

Ya, the turnovers have lead to a ton of easy points, still the transition d has been pretty ugly even when we've had opportunities to get back. Half court defense continues to impress though.

And there has been odd and phantom calls on both sides. That T on the Northeastern dunk a few minutes ago was laughable. And whichever player has position on either side is seemingly the one getting called for the foul, makes no sense.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Ya, the turnovers have lead to a ton of easy points, still the transition d has been pretty ugly even when we've had opportunities to get back. Half court defense continues to impress though.

And there has been odd and phantom calls on both sides. That T on the Northeastern dunk a few minutes ago was laughable. And whichever player has position on either side is seemingly the one getting called for the foul, makes no sense.

Yeah, I made that post right before that T was called. Not a good job by the officials in this one.

Nobody called a time out. WTF

There is a reason you can't just verbally call a time out. Any fan from the crowd can shout it. Thought only one who could verbally call for time is the coach.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
Nobody called a time out. WTF

There is a reason you can't just verbally call a time out. Any fan from the crowd can shout it. Thought only one who could verbally call for time is the coach.

Whatever man, we got 2 free throws earlier in the half for that bogus technical they got. The refs didn't hose us, we're just garbage.