Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney Williams might have a huge ceiling and a big future ahead of him, but he's REALLY raw has to make some serious improvements if he wants to be a lottery pick. It's still really early in the season of course, but from the looks of it, he'd be silly to leave college after this season.

Vanderbeken's 3 was after the buzzer, but they had no replay available at the arena (despite the replay they showed on the scoreboard, somehow). Anyways, Creighton was up 51-39, and Iowa State just manned up. That's the grittiest effort I've seen out of an ISU team in a long time.

And, after every game, I'll likely thank Northern Illinois for Jake Anderson. 19 and 15 as a 6-2 guard.

Bobby Lutz is a hell of a coach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Congrats Felix! Really enjoyed watching Minnesota play the last couple of days. Hofbarber is a hell of a player, as he does so much to help Minn win. Mbakwe is also a great addition.

s*** would have been different last year if we had Mbakwe. Today is actually the first Gopher game I've been able to watch this year, and although the offense was rough to watch at times (especially against the zone... again), it's really great to see the development that Al Nolen and our bigs have made over the years. We could be pretty damn good this year, if Joseph comes back and starts adding some extra scoring. Hoff can only get open for his threes so often.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Alabama loses to Saint Peter's. Anthony Grant not getting the job done there.

The Iowa loss is still worse.

With a certain football game scheduled on Friday, do you think anyone in the state of Alabama even notices anyway?

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 07:29 AM)
Obviously MSU is much better as a team this year than the Huskies, but I'm really looking forward to the Kemba Walker-Kalin Lucas matchup. Two quickest guards in the country

Kemba's unreal. That was a good win for UCONN and a bad loss for WSU last night, not cause the Huskies aren't talented but a team full of upperclassmen has to win that game last night against a much more inexperienced team(minus Mr. Walker of course) this early in the season if they want to make an at large run later.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
I hate watching Chris Allen. Does so many things poorly on the court. He's like the exact opposite player that D. Anderson is for you guys now.

Was told he's our most impressive practice player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
I'm pretty sure same information came from Michigan State about his practice ability, yet it never translated over to the games.

Ah, well, I'll keep dreaming. Hopefully we can handle Kennesaw State tomorrow. :)