Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to be back at the Hall, it was a solid atmosphere. I spent the whole first half cursing Mike Davis, so of course he finally blows up in the 2nd half. So frustrating to watch him. Solid all-around win, keep up the momentum up in the pacific NW.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Now you guys get to see first hand the stupidity that is UNC basketball. Poorly coached, can't shoot, and have zero basketball IQ. It's like the program just took a vacation after 09 and never came back.

Its amazing how much talent they have on that team too. My friend and I kept commenting how it felt like nearly any player on that team could score at will at anytime if he really wanted to. Some of the moves they were making were sick. But then when it comes to making the plays necessary to win a basketball game, they just can't figure it out. Or hit an open 3.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
I hate Duke and I still hope they beat Michigan State by 60.

I know this is a bad opinion based on how they played yesterday but Duke vs. Ohio State would of been more intriguing than MSU who I think is overrated a bit.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Heading to Redbird arena soon to watch the redbirds get destroyed by UNLV :(

Go Birds! I remember when Cincy came in a few years ago, that place was rocking. ISU absolutely destroyed them. One of the best times I had in that arena.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
With relatively little hype, Marcus Jordan might be the most improved player in the country. UCF is playing extremely well, as they beat Florida tonight.

Yeah he is. Looks pretty legit.

Florida looks like they are in for another average season.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Now you guys get to see first hand the stupidity that is UNC basketball. Poorly coached, can't shoot, and have zero basketball IQ. It's like the program just took a vacation after 09 and never came back.

Can they hold off until December 9 to come back???

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
Go Birds! I remember when Cincy came in a few years ago, that place was rocking. ISU absolutely destroyed them. One of the best times I had in that arena.

And so much for that, ISU couldn't buy a basket and the refs were awful. Not that it mattered even if those things went well they still would have lost the score just wouldn't have been as lopsided. Redbird was rocking for about the first 10 minutes the UNLV shut it up.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
And so much for that, ISU couldn't buy a basket and the refs were awful. Not that it mattered even if those things went well they still would have lost the score just wouldn't have been as lopsided. Redbird was rocking for about the first 10 minutes the UNLV shut it up.

Good thing the Valley won that challenge last year because there's actually a decent possibility we get swept in this damn thing this year, we'll win 3 games tops(and that's really pushing it). Besides the fact that our league sucks, the top 3 teams in the MWC are ridiculously good this year.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)
I wouldn't be surprised if UNC lost their next two games. If you guys can win at Butler, you can win at home against UNC.

I'm hoping to make the 6-hour drive to see it. I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to be at least competitive.

I f***ing hate Northern Iowa. Should be our last loss to them for a long time. We shot something like 28% and still had a chance to win, so that makes me feel ok. That's a good game for Hoiberg to learn from though.

f***ing refs though miss a travel in a one possession game late (Ahlegbe went up for a shot in the lane and came back down, it was obvious) and we lost any momentum.

Wow Kansas gets bailed out by the refs. UCLA hit a 3 to tie it with less than 10 seconds. On Kansas' possession there was a loose ball and they called a foul that wasn't even a shooting foul on UCLA with less than a second to go. That's terrible.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
Wow Kansas gets bailed out by the refs. UCLA hit a 3 to tie it with less than 10 seconds. On Kansas' possession there was a loose ball and they called a foul that wasn't even a shooting foul on UCLA with less than a second to go. That's terrible.

That was pretty awful. Two guys run into each other on a loose ball with 0.7 seconds left and the home team gets the call. Ugh, but the streak is alive.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)

That was freaking awful. And seriously, does any team other then Kansas, UNC, Duke or Kentucky get that call? I don't think so.

Rumor is that Bruce Pearl may auction himself (and give all the proceeds to charity) to allow people the chance to watch the 1st 8 SEC games with him (since he'll be suspended). I think that would be incredibly interesting to see how he'd act watching his own team. As much as most of you hate the guy, you have to admit this would be a pretty good thing to do, and a way to make some good out of a bad situation.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
Rumor is that Bruce Pearl may auction himself (and give all the proceeds to charity) to allow people the chance to watch the 1st 8 SEC games with him (since he'll be suspended). I think that would be incredibly interesting to see how he'd act watching his own team. As much as most of you hate the guy, you have to admit this would be a pretty good thing to do, and a way to make some good out of a bad situation.

Sounds like he just wants some "good" attention. How the hell is he even allowed at the game? Scratch that, how the hell is he still even you're coach?

And I don't even mind the guy or Tennessee...

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Sounds like he just wants some "good" attention. How the hell is he even allowed at the game? Scratch that, how the hell is he still even you're coach?

And I don't even mind the guy or Tennessee...

So even if it was for some "good attention" as you say, does that mean he shouldn't do it? And leave some good charity without a solid donation (as I'm sure they'll collect tens of thousands of dollars if they really do it).

He wouldn't be at the game from what I understand. He'd be watching it on TV with whoever won the auction.