Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Gotta love how you can just throw a zone defense at us and we go on a 4 minute scoring drought. Chris Lowery despite being a head coach for 7 years now has apparently still never seen a zone defense, it's quite astonishing.

Also gotta love the talent level on these two teams. Carmichael and Seck are both long, athletic very smart basketball players who could start on a lot of bcs teams while the rest of these players should be playing like division 2 somewhere. Obviously I'm exaggerating a tad but unfortunately it's not that much.

They are pretty similar, albeit terrible, teams. I don't know about SIU but ISU is full of freshmen and I see some hope in Wilkins and Ekey.

Edited by kjshoe04

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Minnesota just got fouled going for a 3-pointer against Ohio State to tie the game. No call. It was a horrible play call though. But Ohio State's defender didn't get any ball, it was all wrist. Should have been a foul and Minny should have shot three to tie.

The refs were beyond awful in that game, both coaches complained. Not sure Minny comes back from 18 down without the ridiculousness that went on. Clear foul at the end, just like most of the game, questionable no call.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
ND got mowed down by Marquette on the road.

They seem to struggle away from home.

That was a bad loss. Marquette isn't a bad team, but they are down this year. No road game in the Big East is ever easy but to get blown out like that...yikes. Of course to be fair, you're not often going to run into too many teams that hit 12 of their first 15 three pointers either.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
The New York Times had one as well.

Hilton is sold out for Kansas on Wednesday. Should be fun.

Is that a surprise? Back in my day, Hilton was sold out for every B8/B12 game, and a number of OOC games (Iowa or rivalry games, or big name teams), reliably, every year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
Is that a surprise? Back in my day, Hilton was sold out for every B8/B12 game, and a number of OOC games (Iowa or rivalry games, or big name teams), reliably, every year.

Yes.

People don't understand just how badly Greg McDermott killed Iowa State basketball.

In the end no matter what I think of the refs all Wisconsin had to do was hold the ball instead of attacking the basket at 135 left. Rob Wilson just made a mistake there and he will never hear the end of it. Before this game started I said that it wouldnt be worse than the football loss to MSU, but I dont know this was just terrible.

The good news is they appear to be a tournament team, just I think this game was the difference between a shot at the Big 10 title.