Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
In the end no matter what I think of the refs all Wisconsin had to do was hold the ball instead of attacking the basket at 135 left. Rob Wilson just made a mistake there and he will never hear the end of it. Before this game started I said that it wouldnt be worse than the football loss to MSU, but I dont know this was just terrible.

The good news is they appear to be a tournament team, just I think this game was the difference between a shot at the Big 10 title.

Typical Big Ten game. 38 minutes they call it close, last 2 min it's anything goes.

edit: though i guess it was 7 min with the overtime. i felt like physicality won out in that game, which is msu's advantage.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
In the end no matter what I think of the refs all Wisconsin had to do was hold the ball instead of attacking the basket at 135 left. Rob Wilson just made a mistake there and he will never hear the end of it. Before this game started I said that it wouldnt be worse than the football loss to MSU, but I dont know this was just terrible.

The good news is they appear to be a tournament team, just I think this game was the difference between a shot at the Big 10 title.

Wisconsin is a tournament lock but I just don't think this team is as talented as Bo's past teams. I like Taylor and Leuer a lot but the rest of that team is just incredibly mediocre at best. But when you basically never turn the ball over and play solid defense you will be in just about every single game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Taylor Battle is just tossing up garbage and it is going in tonight.

Those shots were deep but he did exactly what he wanted to do. Straight jUmp shot.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Absolutely awful performances by DJ and DMac tonight.

Richardson just looked lathargic out there. Like he was sick. No aggressiveness at all tonight.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)
Again lol at the refs not calling Battle for that walk, picks it up and takes at least 3 steps before throwing the ball at the rim.

Watched the play closely 3 times now, and it doesn't look like an obvious travel. Heck, when Cole bobbled that ball under the hoop to tie it, I was expecting the ref to call a travel.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Watched the play closely 3 times now, and it doesn't look like an obvious travel. Heck, when Cole bobbled that ball under the hoop to tie it, I was expecting the ref to call a travel.

He picks it up and takes 3 steps. That is a travel if you aren't playing in the NBA.

I would say that was a fairly obvious travel, I don't really give a f*** because the team is pathetic regardless.

Weber is so incredibly inflexible. His tenure has been incredibly underwhelming and his offense is pitiful unless 3s are falling.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
I would say that was a fairly obvious travel, I don't really give a f*** because the team is pathetic regardless

0-4 in close games now. Well I guess Maryland ended up close but that was more a game Illinois was in complete control of and then they just missed some free throws to make it close. When they are clicking they are great but I have no confidence in this team in close games.

And that was a no doubt travel (plus a nice push off by Battle there as well) he took 3 steps which generally gets called at the college level. But refs are p*****s so I wouldn't expect that to get called either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)

Well he goes left, right...right. His right foot comes up and skips ahead and comes down again. It was obvious in live speed, actually. So yeah.

Pathetic offensive effort. DJ, McCamey, Davis...anyone shows up, we win.

Also, Battle please remove the horse shoe from your ass.

Quite the battle going on for POY in NCAA this season. The four top contenders are Sullinger, Kemba Walker, Jimmer F, and Nolan Smith. Jimmer might be the best offensive player I've seen in a long time, but it's likely he will be on the outside looking in for the POY discussion. With Kemba and UCONN fading in conference, it seems Sullinger has a great chance to be POY even though Nolan Smith is having a fantastic senior season.