Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Guys like Mike Davis, Demetri McCamey, and Mike Tisdale are naturally going to get a lot of crap. They are looked at as talented players, yet they've basically been losers at Illinois. Two years not in the NCAA Tournament, a 3rd year where they lost in the first round to Western Kentucky, and now an underachieving team this year. I just think people look at those three guys and see four years of empty numbers in terms of their statistics.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asked what his team was missing this season, Weber said, "Lighty. If you have a Lighty, a heart and soul who comes every day and does what you need. We just don't have that toughness, that leadership -- that difference-maker."

Weber couldnt really call out his seniors any more than he has been the past month or so.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
It's what I was concerned about going into this year and has been the downfall of the team. Im glad Weber is saying it but we couldve used a good wake up call before Big Ten play.

They lost to f***ing UIC, if that isn't a wake up call nothing is. That team is unbelievably bad. Weber has done a poor job this year and the seniors are losers. End of story.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
They lost to f***ing UIC, if that isn't a wake up call nothing is. That team is unbelievably bad. Weber has done a poor job this year and the seniors are losers. End of story.

Meant from the coaches, it was obvious the past few years that bad losses didn[t shake up the team, the coaches needed to for them.

I think that's a big reason why so many fans are calling for the back ups, they may not be as good but maybe they bring some energy or at least tell the older players that they wont see the court again until they shape up.

Steve Lavin is doing an awesome job, and that program is going nowhere with his ability to recruit. But that team is LOADED with seniors. Seven of the eight they played today are seniors, and the roster has 10 seniors. Not the worst situation to walk into, and I can see why they fired Norm Roberts. I'd guess part of the reason was fear he'd hit gold with that older team this year, and they'd be stuck with him. At any rate, the Johnnies are not a team you want to see in your bracket quadrant.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Whichever teams don't get an invite are shoo-ins to make the NIT final 4 at least.

Based on what? Lots of goot teams just miss the NCAA tourney and go NIT, don't care, and lose in the first two rounds.

Big East is tough every year than half or most of the teams go down in the first weekend. Blah Blah Blah

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
Based on what? Lots of goot teams just miss the NCAA tourney and go NIT, don't care, and lose in the first two rounds.

Big East is tough every year than half or most of the teams go down in the first weekend. Blah Blah Blah

Based on strength of schedule and history. Speculation, true. But, I think it's even money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
He's the best player in the country, and it's not even close in my opinion.

Agree. Fredette is as legit as can be.

SDSU is puzzling to me. I didn't see this game, but really don't know what to think of them. I truly thought they were better than BYU after watching the game in Provo. BYU is probably a tougher team to judge in the bracket. Fredette could beat anyone. He could also be shut down or have a crappy game and they can lose to anyone. It's hard to have a team like BYU going to the Elite 8 because all it takes is one bad shooting game from Fredette and they don't get the chance to upset a giant.