Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
Nice charge, standing directly under the hoop

All 3 of the charge calls against Paul have been wrong but that last one was a f***ing joke. Byrd was standing under the net and Paul was in the air. Just an absurd call. Does the Big 10 even grade these refs?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
Well there's no way Purdue doesn't win this one with some of this bulls***.

Yep, Illinois up 2 with the ball so they call a bulls*** moving screen on Tisdale and then call Tisdale for the same handcheck Purdue does on every possession on the other end. I wish Illinois got anywhere near this many calls at home.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Well purdue fans, this is your last year of being relevant for a long time, enjoy it

I also love Purdue's garbage ass role players talking s***. We will see how much s*** Smith and Barlow talk next year when they don't have Johnson and Moore to draw all the defensive attention and get them wide open looks and then bail them out whenever their role players play like crap which is frankly pretty often.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Watching a Purdue game is impossible, they foul so many times that the refs just cant call it.

As for Kenpom, you can hate his numbers, but they are just numbers based on his system. I think that they are pretty good.

I knew that would happen coming in so my problem with the refs tonight were the 3 ridiculous (well 2 ridiculous and one that was a pretty clear block) charge calls on Paul and the two questionable moving screens on Illinois that just coincidentally happened when Illinois was making runs.