Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
LOL SIU that is the worst display in the final few minutes of a game possible. In my mind, that's probably a new low for the program. There should be no way you can end a game on an 11-0 run.

Gotta love March.

There is a 2010-2011 season worth of saluki lowlights that can beat this.

Im glad its over. Get Lowery the f*** out. I dont think Diamond Taylor saw the floor for the second half

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Ugh, this is the worst part about finally being employed. No more having weekday conference tourney watching marathons and I'm not sure how much of the first two days of the NCAA tourney I'm going to be able to see.

I take the afternoon off both of those days every year and everyone is aware of why.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
I take the afternoon off both of those days every year and everyone is aware of why.

I've only been at my firm for a month and half so not sure I feel comfortable doing that yet. My boss is a huge basketball fan just like I am though so if he does it and I don't have a lot of work (like today where I am sitting at the office doing nothing) I might be able to work from home those days.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)

^

2 of my favorite days of the year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
I've only been at my firm for a month and half so not sure I feel comfortable doing that yet. My boss is a huge basketball fan just like I am though so if he does it and I don't have a lot of work (like today where I am sitting at the office doing nothing) I might be able to work from home those days.

I mean it counts towards my allotted vacation days, and i've only been here 4 years now but everyone already knows i'm out those afternoons later this month.

Best days of the year!

Illinois playing really well again so far today. Seniors are playing great and if they had played the way they have the last 3 games all year long I don't think you would see anywhere near the hatred of that group of seniors as you do from Illinois fans. The inconsistent effort of that group has driven people nuts for 4 years but if they can continue this play for the next couple of weeks they still have a chance to make a bit of a run in the tourney.

Pretty much what I expected from this frustrating senior class. In their last home game, they come out and absolutely dominate and show what could have been if they always showed this much effort.

Illinois gets the MSU/UM winner in the 4/5 game on Friday. Win and they are definitely in the tourney, lose and its gonna be another nervous Selection Sunday.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Pretty much what I expected from this frustrating senior class. In their last home game, they come out and absolutely dominate and show what could have been if they always showed this much effort.

Illinois gets the MSU/UM winner in the 4/5 game on Friday. Win and they are definitely in the tourney, lose and its gonna be another nervous Selection Sunday.

They really aren't even close to the bubble with a win today. If they don't get in it would be an absolute joke.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)

Honestly, I think they need more than winning today and against MSU/UM winner.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
Honestly, I think they need more than winning today and against MSU/UM winner.

You are absolutely crazy. Illinois is in easily right now and would need a ton to go wrong to not get in even with a loss on Friday. If they win on Friday they are as big of a lock as you can be.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

I wouldn't say easily, but the field is pretty weak this year. It would look pretty bad if the Illini fall in th first round of the Big Ten, and not having 20 wins, which does hurt a team's image imo, definitely sets them back a bit.

ND holds on and beats UConn and the refs in Connecticut.

Now it's wait and see on the Villanova Pittsburgh game to see if they get the #1 or #2 seed in the Big East tourney.

At the moment, it looks like a #2 seed is in the cards.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
I cant believe Purdue lost. Congrats Rock.

So does MSU get in at this point, Im still struggling over the fact that they were swept by UMich.

Unless there are some upsets in the conference tourneys, I don't see anyone jumping ahead of them. The field is really weak this year but it should make for an interesting tournament because there aren't any great teams.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
So does MSU get in at this point, Im still struggling over the fact that they were swept by UMich.

Why? Michigan is a better team then MSU.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Why? Michigan is a better team then MSU.

Just not used to Michigan actually keeping it up this late in a season, and even if MSU was worse it's weird to see them go down twice to UMich.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Unless there are some upsets in the conference tourneys, I don't see anyone jumping ahead of them. The field is really weak this year but it should make for an interesting tournament because there aren't any great teams.

So in your opinion, what qualifies a team to be called great?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
So in your opinion, what qualifies a team to be called great?

Come on Rock, there are no great teams (including Ohio State) and you know it. The only team that had a shot at being great this year was Duke if Irving hadn't have got hurt. I'd say the last "great" team was 2009 North Carolina. I don't think there were any great teams last year either, but people are noticing the poor quality of college hoops in particular this year because the at large pool absolutely sucks and there are 3 more teams making the tournament as well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101