Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
I knew there was a reason for his play, he's been moonlighting on another team.

So that two week stretch where he had like 20 points in 4 games wasn't him? That was fake North Texas McCamey? Now it all makes sense!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
Check out this pic Illini fans. Now starting for North Texas: Warren Carter, Jack Ingram, Rich McBride, McCamey, & Jamar Smith.

Is that for real? I feel like it had to be photoshopped. How does that happen? Ingram hasn't played for Illinois since '05.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
DePaul still had fans?

LOL, it was more of a joke as to how awful the program has become. Joining the Big East was the worst decision ever. But I did grow up near the Horizon and was in high school for the days of Q, Simmons, Williams, & McPherson so I used to hit up DePaul games all the time. If I remember right, if they scored 80 points and won, you would get a free slice at Suparossa. Pretty sweet deal for a high schooler and it actually used to happen.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Is that for real? I feel like it had to be photoshopped. How does that happen? Ingram hasn't played for Illinois since '05.

Yeah it is legit and what is really crazy about that is it isn't like those pictures even correlate to any particular team or year. McCamey never played with any of the other 4. Ingram only played with Carter and McBride. Just bizarre.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
Yeah it is legit and what is really crazy about that is it isn't like those pictures even correlate to any particular team or year. McCamey never played with any of the other 4. Ingram only played with Carter and McBride. Just bizarre.

Had to be a UI grad running that system or something, its hilarious.

2010-11 All-Big Ten Men’s Basketball Team

As selected by Big Ten coaches

FIRST TEAM

Jared Sullinger, Ohio State JAJUAN JOHNSON, Purdue E’Twaun Moore, Purdue Jon Leuer, Wisconsin Jordan Taylor, Wisconsin

SECOND TEAM

Kalin Lucas, Michigan State Trevor Mbakwe, Minnesota William Buford, Ohio State David Lighty, Ohio State Talor Battle, Penn State

THIRD TEAM*

Demetri McCamey, Illinois Darius Morris, Michigan Draymond Green, Michigan State John Shurna, Northwestern Michael Thompson, Northwestern Jon Diebler, Ohio State

HONORABLE MENTION

Mike Davis, Illinois Melsahn Basabe, Iowa Tim Hardaway Jr., Michigan Jeff Brooks, Penn State Lewis Jackson, Purdue Keaton Nankivil, Wisconsin

ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM

Jereme Richmond, Illinois Melsahn Basabe, Iowa TIM HARDAWAY JR., Michigan Aaron Craft, Ohio State JARED SULLINGER, Ohio State

ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM

Delvon Roe, Michigan State AARON CRAFT, Ohio State David Lighty, Ohio State JaJuan Johnson, Purdue Jordan Taylor, Wisconsin

PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR:

JARED SULLINGER, Ohio State

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR:

Aaron Craft, Ohio State

COACH OF THE YEAR:

Matt Painter, Purdue

UNANIMOUS SELECTIONS IN ALL CAPS

* Multiple honorees due to tie

As selected by Media Voting Panel

FIRST TEAM

Jared Sullinger, Ohio State Talor Battle, Penn State JAJUAN JOHNSON, Purdue E’Twaun Moore, Purdue JORDAN TAYLOR, Wisconsin

SECOND TEAM

Kalin Lucas, Michigan State Trevor Mbakwe, Minnesota William Buford, Ohio State David Lighty, Ohio State Jon Leuer, Wisconsin

THIRD TEAM

Demetri McCamey, Illinois Darius Morris, Michigan Draymond Green, Michigan State Michael Thompson, Northwestern Jon Diebler, Ohio State

HONORABLE MENTION

Mike Davis, Illinois Mike Tisdale, Illinois Melsahn Basabe, Iowa Bryce Cartwright, Iowa Tim Hardaway Jr., Michigan Blake Hoffarber, Minnesota John Shurna, Northwestern Aaron Craft, Ohio State Jeff Brooks, Penn State Lewis Jackson, Purdue Keaton Nankivil, Wisconsin

PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR:

JARED SULLINGER, Ohio State

COACH OF THE YEAR:

Matt Painter, Purdue

UNANIMOUS SELECTIONS IN ALL CAPS

Big Ten Sportsmanship Award Honorees

Bill Cole, Illinois; Kory Barnett, Indiana; Jarryd Cole, Iowa; Stu Douglass, Michigan; Delvon Roe, Michigan State; Blake Hoffarber, Minnesota; Mike Capocci, Northwestern; Dallas Lauderdale, Ohio State; Tim Frazier, Penn State; E'Twaun Moore, Purdue; Keaton Nankivil, Wisconsin.

Your thoughts? So far JJ for DPOY sticks out to me as a strange selection, the guy wasnt really a defensive force. Painter I guess gets a bye because Hummel was hurt.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Holy f***, I don't know if I've ever seen a team get jobbed down the stretch quite like Rutgers did.

That was bad, but I think the bigger thing is how St. John's has all these quality wins. They don't do anything to wow me. Looking at the Big East this year it looks more like a bunch of inconsistent teams than a truly top tier deep conference.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
I've been following online but wasn't watching it...what happened?

Rutgers had a chance to win it. Got blatantly fouled, no call.

FTs to SJU, miss the 1 and 1. Rebound going to Rutgers until he gets tossed out of bounds by the SJU player, no call.

Then by far the worst of them all. 6 seconds left, Rutgers throws the full length of the floor for some reason. SJU intercepts, except he thinks the games over. He travels, walks out of bounds, and throws the ball 50 feet into the stands. In other words, he turned the ball over 3 different times. Nothing was called here and the refs walked off the court. Rutgers should have had the ball with 2 seconds left.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Your thoughts? So far JJ for DPOY sticks out to me as a strange selection, the guy wasnt really a defensive force. Painter I guess gets a bye because Hummel was hurt.

Purdue was ranked #8 in the preseason w/o Hummel, so the expectations were there and Painter had the POY. Matta lost Turner but gained Sullinger with some solid upperclassmen, but I'd still probably give it to him. Most of the other coaches actually underacheieved and did a bad job.

Johnson did have 2.4 blocks per game, but yeah I didn't think he was a defensive superstar. I don't know who else should have won though?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Holy f***, I don't know if I've ever seen a team get jobbed down the stretch quite like Rutgers did. Take a bow Jim Burr.

I didn't see it, but all the CBB people on Twitter are basically calling for the heads of the referees, that the non-calls were that bad. I guess they could have reviewed the final 1.7 seconds too.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
I didn't see it, but all the CBB people on Twitter are basically calling for the heads of the referees, that the non-calls were that bad. I guess they could have reviewed the final 1.7 seconds too.

Yeah, it was also a blatent technical foul (so it was reviewable), so Rutgers should have been shooting FTs with the ball.