Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
stuck at work with the wrong kind of internet to watch it on espn3.com.

4 point lead at the half. Has this been a game? Or is Illinois f***ing around like last night?

Weber has been screwing around. McCamey sat the last 12 minutes of the half after an amazing first few minutes. Head and Griffey are getting big tick. Illinois is playing very well, they should be blowing them out right now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Weber has been screwing around. McCamey sat the last 12 minutes of the half after an amazing first few minutes. Head and Griffey are getting big tick. Illinois is playing very well, they should be blowing them out right now.

McCamey had 2 fouls. Also, Mike Davis has been absolutely horrible tonight. I'm ready to just play Richmond at the 4 if Davis is going to sleepwalk. Apparently Davis has no interest in playing professional basketball.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Agreed. He get let off super easy.

What? That's half the SEC season. Everyone, including some Kentucky fans I saw comment on it (and they hate Tennessee), seems to think it was pretty tough.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 03:25 AM)
Ha, you can't ever complain that UNC gets all the calls. They are getting taken to the woodshed by the refs tonight.

Not quite sure what Roy was doing tonight. Strickland should have been playing more, and Watts has no business being on the court. Minnesota played good though, as they hit tough 3s whenever the score got tied.

I'm going to say the same thing I said last year. Larry Drew is an awful basketball player and as long as he is the starting PG at UNC they are overrated. (Which of course means he will have his only good game of the season against Illinois in a couple of weeks, just like basically his only good game last year was against MSU.)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 04:29 AM)
I'm going to say the same thing I said last year. Larry Drew is an awful basketball player and as long as he is the starting PG at UNC they are overrated. (Which of course means he will have his only good game of the season against Illinois in a couple of weeks, just like basically his only good game last year was against MSU.)

Yep, LDIII is terrible. Marshall is a way better pg than he is.

Drew is an awful player and Roy is an awful in-game coach, Tubby handed him his ass like I thought he would. If Roy can't overwhelm you with talent, he's in trouble.

Minnesota is going to be very tough this year with some great size, nice athletes, and a very good in-game coach. Take care of the mental mistakes and they are a Sweet 16 contender.

Harrison Barnes 0-15. Solid.

Edited by Palehosefan

I was working tonight and missed the Gopher game, but good to see them make some noise and get a quality OOC win for their resume. Should be an exciting team once Devoe Joseph gets off of his mysterious suspension.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Drew is an awful player and Roy is an awful in-game coach, Tubby handed him his ass like I thought he would. If Roy can't overwhelm you with talent, he's in trouble.

Minnesota is going to be very tough this year with some great size, nice athletes, and a very good in-game coach. Take care of the mental mistakes and they are a Sweet 16 contender.

Harrison Barnes 0-15. Solid.

Yikes, I dont know about Minny being a sweet 16 contender, they are a good team, but UNC just looked terrible. I think a majority of fans thought their ranking was a bit high and it appears at least for now its fairly true.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 05:56 AM)
Yikes, I dont know about Minny being a sweet 16 contender, they are a good team, but UNC just looked terrible. I think a majority of fans thought their ranking was a bit high and it appears at least for now its fairly true.

There's three teams that had super high rankings this season despite their poor seasons last year (UNC, Florida, and Illinois).

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
There's three teams that had super high rankings this season despite their poor seasons last year (UNC, Florida, and Illinois).

IMO all of those teams are overrated, especially IL. Both UNC and IL have PG problems (IL has no backup PG at all). I think Minnesota will finish above IL in the Big Ten, they have a frontcourt that would crush IL and an excellent coach. Should be a fun team to watch.

I honestly would not be surprised to see Minny win the BT this year. So many weapons on that team, especially when Joseph gets back. Williams is probably the best NBA prospect in the Bigten, so when he decides to play, they could be lights out.

I was shocked by Minnesota. UNC played a terrible game, but Minnesota's mental mistakes were the only reason UNC was even in the game. UNC is not a top 10 team, we all knew that. But they will be a top 25 team if Roy Williams ever gets over his retarded love of upperclassmen.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
I honestly would not be surprised to see Minny win the BT this year. So many weapons on that team, especially when Joseph gets back. Williams is probably the best NBA prospect in the Bigten, so when he decides to play, they could be lights out.

I honestly dont think I agree with anything you just said.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
IMO all of those teams are overrated, especially IL. Both UNC and IL have PG problems (IL has no backup PG at all). I think Minnesota will finish above IL in the Big Ten, they have a frontcourt that would crush IL and an excellent coach. Should be a fun team to watch.

Illinois has arguably the best PG in the country whose capable of playing 35+ minutes a game. They have their problems, but that certainly is not one.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
ISU wins their first real test, beats Creighton on a semi-neutral court 88-86. Looks like the Clones made a comeback in the 2nd half. Nice.

Um, from what I've read, they won on a 3 pointer at the buzzer by James Vander Beek (ok, not his real name).