Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 06:46 AM)
Damn. Duke maybe better than I thought/hoped. And I don't want them to be good.

I just accepted that this Duke team was likely going to win back-to-back titles before the season started. Irving is a fantastic PG. The only thing that will hold Duke back again is their post play.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I just accepted that this Duke team was likely going to win back-to-back titles before the season started. Irving is a fantastic PG. The only thing that will hold Duke back again is their post play.

But Plumlee looks pretty damn good. As I said a few weeks ago, and I know you are a great cbball guy, is that Duke not being picked #1 by everyone is absolutely crazy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
But Plumlee looks pretty damn good. As I said a few weeks ago, and I know you are a great cbball guy, is that Duke not being picked #1 by everyone is absolutely crazy.

They look very impressive, however I wouldnt have minded seeing them match up against my guys. Is K-state really as good as they were ranked? I havent been overly impressed by them so far.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
Is K-state really as good as they were ranked? I havent been overly impressed by them so far.

Yeah I have the same feeling. K State is awful to watch though, so it's hard to tell how much of that makes them look bad.

I think the thing with Duke is they returned so much of their team that they are more settled than some of the younger teams. It makes sense for them to look better now because they have fewer growing pains than some of the other top teams.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)

The younger Plumlee is very good. However, the rest of their guys down low will get taken advantage of. Playing a team like Minnesota would be a great matchup for Duke. Kentucky would be another very good match up, even without Kanter. Syracuse would provide a nice match up later in the year when Fab Melo gets in playing shape.

Nobody from the Big 12 would provide a great game at the moment. The Big 12 looks like it will be a giant cluster@#$! of teams battling for seeds between the #3 and #9 seeds in the tourney.

Duke should rip through the ACC without much problems. VT, UNC, FSU etc should be battling for #5 seeds at best at the end of the year. You will see plenty of times this year when the ACC only has one team ranked in the top 20 once conference play starts.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
Is K-state really as good as they were ranked? I havent been overly impressed by them so far.

They may be the most overrated team in the country. They have a 2nd tier PG...and yeah, that's about it. At least I can name 3 or more players off of any other top ten team. KSU? Not so much.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
They may be the most overrated team in the country. They have a 2nd tier PG...and yeah, that's about it. At least I can name 3 or more players off of any other top ten team. KSU? Not so much.

Samuels and Kelly were a huge part of that elite 8 team last season so I'm sure you've heard of those guys. KSU does indeed look pretty bad so far but they'll be ok. Probably not a final four caliber team but they'll be in the sweet 16.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
And, after every game, I'll likely thank Northern Illinois for Jake Anderson. 19 and 15 as a 6-2 guard.

Ha, I was just coming in here to ask if you're enjoying the strong play of Jake Anderson. It's still beyond me why we basically asked him to leave the program and find somewhere else to play for his 5th and final year, but i'm glad he's having success somewhere else. He was a good player the 3 years we had him on the court, but our inept coaches never really used him properly (he's a very unique player, plays a lot bigger than his height as you've seen) and the only reason I'm not really pissed Jake is gone is the team absoulutely sucked the 3 years we had him anyways. I hope Iowa State has a good year though, he deserves to be seen and playing on a good team, very nice kid.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Ha, I was just coming in here to ask if you're enjoying the strong play of Jake Anderson. It's still beyond me why we basically asked him to leave the program and find somewhere else to play for his 5th and final year, but i'm glad he's having success somewhere else. He was a good player the 3 years we had him on the court, but our inept coaches never really used him properly (he's a very unique player, plays a lot bigger than his height as you've seen) and the only reason I'm not really pissed Jake is gone is the team absoulutely sucked the 3 years we had him anyways. I hope Iowa State has a good year though, he deserves to be seen and playing on a good team, very nice kid.

Drops 14, 7 and 4 in a 91-51 win over a Kennesaw State team that fathom had me thinking could compete in the ACC. :P

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
I can tell Purdue Nation is scurred

I know I'm scurred. At least the tickets were dirt cheap and I get a free hot dog with it! I've upgraded my expectations though, when we played Illinois I was hoping we could keep it with in 25, for this game I'm hoping we can keep it within 20! GO DAWGS!!!

Please just beat Wright St. I wanna have some sort of hope going into the game against New Mexico. Btw Mamadou Seck is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team. Dude just plays balls out and deserves 30 minutes on the court

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Please just beat Wright St. I wanna have some sort of hope going into the game against New Mexico. Btw Mamadou Seck is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team. Dude just plays balls out and deserves 30 minutes on the court

Agreed.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
And he backs up that statement with a solid night tonight. Him and Teague went beast mode, i like.

Teague was horrific against Purdue. I flipped the channel when he got the 6th travelling call against him(7th turnover at the time)

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
And he backs up that statement with a solid night tonight. Him and Teague went beast mode, i like.

It's hard to explain but when you watch you can just tell that Seck is the one guy out there that actually belongs and knows wtf he's doing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
Teague was horrific against Purdue. I flipped the channel when he got the 6th travelling call against him(7th turnover at the time)

Teague was awful against Purdue, period. The thing is, he's one of the few guys on this garbage squad that actually has the potential to be a high impact player. This traveling bug that he has really shouldn't be that hard to get rid of if we had anyone to coach this damn kid at all, it's really not that complicated.