Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
As long as Leonard Hamilton is the coach, FSU will never amount to anything more than being a 1st/2nd round NCAA tournament team.

Basically what he was at Miami. He won a Big East regular season title with Miami but still couldnt get more than 1 Sweet 16 appearance.

But I would take Hamilton over Haith haha.

Any ACC/Big 10 Predictions?

Virginia at Minnesota

Ohio State at Florida State

North Carolina at Illinois

Georgia Tech at Northwestern

Iowa at Wake Forest

Michigan at Clemson

Michigan State at Duke

Purdue at Virginia Tech

Indiana at Boston College

NC State at Wisconsin

Maryland at Penn State

I think this is going to be a boring event this year. The only toss up games I see are Duke/MSU, IU/BC and Purdue/VT. Only reason I took VT is because they are at home and it's never an easy place to play at. Same thinking for the IU-BC game.

And that Iowa-Wake game might be the worst matchup in this event's history. Brutal.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
"Kevin" from Minneapolis called into Hoiberg's show tonight. ;)

Apparently he loves all the free Iowa State swag that Hoiberg's been supplying him. Despite Hoiberg saying that Darko was his favorite Timberwolf.

Haha, that's funny.

Heading down to Champaign for the game tonight. It's kind of lost its luster as a potential marquee OOC win with UNC's struggles, but still should be a good matchup and its always nice to beat UNC. I'm interested to see Barnes play too, although I guess he hasn't been very good yet this season.

First time I've gone down there for a game and not spent the night, thank god it's a super early 8:30 PM tip-off, ugh.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
do they call 3 seconds in the lane in college anymore? Ohio State camps 2 guys in there for about 5 seconds.

Havent seen that happen even once.

The Noles play ridiculous D. Hopefully this gives the Bucks a taste of what its going to be like soon enough in conference against teams like ILL.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Havent seen that happen even once.

The Noles play ridiculous D. Hopefully this gives the Bucks a taste of what its going to be like soon enough in conference against teams like ILL.

Just started watching for it and Sullinger for ohio state has been in the lane for over five seconds on two of the last 5 possessions.