Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
ISU still with only a 12 point lead in the 2nd half, 5 minutes left. It was nearly tied early in the 2nd half. Not having Cristopherson really hurts that much?

Vanderbeeken is 4/13 from the field, but he does have 7 boards and 5 blocks.

Jeez, check that, now down to a 5 point lead. I need to stop watching.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Jeez, check that, now down to a 5 point lead. I need to stop watching.

Its on ESPN3.com if you have that.

And yea, losing your top scorer and top 3 point threat in the Big 12 hurts.

Jake Anderson just went down too.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Wow, Florida State about to lose to Auburn.

There goes our tournament hopes. Singleton has been terrible outside the 1st three games of this season. He's chucks the ball up, is a ball hog and just doesn't play offense. He's gotten lazy on defense too. Maybe we'll tank the rest of the season and Ham will finally be fired.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
There goes our tournament hopes. Singleton has been terrible outside the 1st three games of this season. He's chucks the ball up, is a ball hog and just doesn't play offense. He's gotten lazy on defense too. Maybe we'll tank the rest of the season and Ham will finally be fired.

It might be best if FSU misses the tourney. Maybe it will get Hamilton fired.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Bill Carmody is a very overrated coach. Well on his way to missing the tournament again, and his coaching in the last 30 seconds of tonight's game was awful.

Not really the coaches fault when your offense shoots 31% and can't get even one key rebound. They had no business being in that game at all.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)

It appears so. Our basketball team is AWFUL and will almost guaranteed be firing it's coach after the season. I thought you'd win by 35 tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Bill Carmody is a very overrated coach. Well on his way to missing the tournament again, and his coaching in the last 30 seconds of tonight's game was awful.

I won't comment on the first part, but the second part is absolutely true.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)

And the backup big man, on a team without a true center.

As long as Anderson and Christopherson are back for start of B12 play this weekend, I'm not too worried. Still looking forward to seeing if this team can make a run at a .500 record in the conference. Not likely to happen, but they may get close.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
ND men defeat UConn to run their record to 13-2 on the season.

Syracuse is their only tough defeat so far this year. The Kentucky game was close until they went cold in the last 4 minutes of the second half.

Walker was terrible. Really liked what I saw from Shabazz though (minus that terrible last second shot). Abromitis and Hansbrough are a nice 1-2 combination. ND needs to get more from the inside as they progress through the Big East season.

I thought Dan Dakich was pretty insightful about Jordan Taylor being the best point guard in the Big Ten, but I'm pretty unimpressed with his halftime analysis. Apparently, in his world, every game boils down one team wanting it more than the other...every player's performance is decided by how much that player wanted it. The are other reasons why Northwestern's zone is not working against Illinois (best 3pt shooting team in the Big Ten and a huge size mismatch along the baseline)....

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)
I thought Dan Dakich was pretty insightful about Jordan Taylor being the best point guard in the Big Ten, but I'm pretty unimpressed with his halftime analysis.

But he's not. He's now gone on a few random rants on McCamey vs. Taylor, and how Taylor is better. Taylor is a nice player. The only players McCamey should be compared is Jimmer Fredette and Kemba Walker for best PG in the country.