Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
What do you mean what happened to Roth? He's not a starter. Jones and Creek are the ones we're without.

Haven't heard about him all year , is what I meant. Still hurt from last year?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Haven't heard about him all year , is what I meant. Still hurt from last year?

Oh, sprained his MCL earlier in the year. He's a 100% now, but without a real inside presence, its hard for him to find shots when he can't really dribble. That said, he can fill it up if he just would shoot more.

What in the hell is Weber doing? His team is dead tired, and with 4 timeouts left, he doesn't call one and instead D.J. Richardson hits the side of the backboard. Any person who's watched Illini basketball knows this team can't play slow-down basketball, yet Illinois continues to take 30 seconds off the shot clock every possession.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
I know I'm the king of hyperbole, but this might be the worst half of basketball I've ever seen. Not even Gus can make it seem fun.

It has been truly awful. I can't wait for this senior class to graduate. McCamey looks like he is throwing the game tonight. Whats that, Jereme has Matt Roth on the block. f*** him, I'm going to dribble pointlessly so we end up with a bad shot. Hulls is dribbling the ball up the court and I'm guarding him, lets take 2 steps back and let him shoot a wide open 3. DMac has reverted to lackadaisical DMac the last couple of games. Too bad because he was having such a great season.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 04:58 AM)
Close game and Illinois bout to lose again. What a surprise.

Announcers made a great point, every Illini player didn't seem to want to make a play. It's typical for a Weber coached team under the Illini. If I was an Illini fan, I'd be absolutely furious with how poorly he coached tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Announcers made a great point, every Illini player didn't seem to want to make a play. It's typical for a Weber coached team under the Illini. If I was an Illini fan, I'd be absolutely furious with how poorly he coached since 2006.

Fixed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
The thing is, it's not like any of the recruits would go elsewhere if he left. Howard's the heart and soul of that recruiting pipeline.

I've been saying for a while this was Weber's make or break year for me. He was the perfect coach with the perfect offense for the 04-05 team but since Dee the program has been no where near where it should be. But really even up until last year he got everything out of his teams, getting a 5 seed with a team starting Trent Meacham, Chester Frazier plus Tisdale and Davis as sophomore is remarkable. But his job the last two years has been awful.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 04:07 AM)
I've been saying for a while this was Weber's make or break year for me. He was the perfect coach with the perfect offense for the 04-05 team but since Dee the program has been no where near where it should be. But really even up until last year he got everything out of his teams, getting a 5 seed with a team starting Trent Meacham, Chester Frazier plus Tisdale and Davis as sophomore is remarkable. But his job the last two years has been awful.

I've heard the chemistry with this year's team is TERRIBLE! You have a bunch of underclassmen who think they can make the leap to the NBA after this year (Richmond and Paul), and then you have three very inconsistent seniors. Head has been telling some of his buddies in the suburbs that he would have gone to UIC or DePaul if he could have done it all over again.

Maybe Richmond could transfer to Indiana and play for someone that can actually coach. If I were Jereme I would leave the tranwreck in Champaign as fast as possible. It's not too late for him to develop into an NBA player someplace else. Unfortunately it might be for Brandon Paul. What an awful job of developing an immensely physically skilled player. At some point, it should be clear why every player on a roster is underperforming.

Oh, and McCamey is not even in the conversation for best point guard in the Big Ten. He was thoroughly outplayed by Hulls. Illinois should not make the dance this season -- they are not a tournament quality team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Head has been telling some of his buddies in the suburbs that he would have gone to UIC or DePaul if he could have done it all over again.

The News-Gazette writer following the Illini recently said that he expects one or more transfers at the end of the season.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 04:14 AM)
Maybe Richmond could transfer to Indiana and play for someone that can actually coach. If I were Jereme I would leave the tranwreck in Champaign as fast as possible. It's not too late for him to develop into an NBA player someplace else. Unfortunately it might be for Brandon Paul. What an awful job of developing an immensely physically skilled player. At some point, it should be clear why every player on a roster is underperforming.

Oh, and McCamey is not even in the conversation for best point guard in the Big Ten. He was thoroughly outplayed by Hulls. Illinois should not make the dance this season -- they are not a tournament quality team.

I'd take Battle, Taylor, and Morris over McCamey, and for a true pg, Craft is pretty damn impressive. Hey, at least McCamey is currently better than Nolen and Lucious.