Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
WTF Indiana?

They didn't rush the court again did they?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Every team that has traveled in this storm has lost, most of them to bad teams.

The storm is still no excuse for Michigan State to get routed vs. Iowa. Losing a close game is one thing, but that was an ass kicking. They appear to be in straight free fall mode.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Wow.

On a side note, Iowa State is showing interest in Lucious, because.....why not.

Under Hoiberg ISU has shown interest in any player that has talent. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing. Either way, for at least this year, Iowa basketball (University and ISU) is horrendous.

But I'll take our 2nd win in conference play against the Spartans!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
Under Hoiberg ISU has shown interest in any player that has talent. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing. Either way, for at least this year, Iowa basketball (University and ISU) is horrendous.

That's because it will take a few years for Hoiberg to get any good recruiting underneath him and get that talent onto the team. Meantime, they are finding hole-patch players wherever they can. 3 of their starters are seniors too.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
That's because it will take a few years for Hoiberg to get any good recruiting underneath him and get that talent onto the team. Meantime, they are finding hole-patch players wherever they can. 3 of their starters are seniors too.

And some of the guys Hoiberg has went after have some serious character red flags.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
And some of the guys Hoiberg has went after have some serious character red flags.

I personally find it pathetic by Hoiberg, and I thought he had more character than that. Right now, he's no different than how Cal was at Memphis or Tark the Shark at Fresno St.

It's to the point that if you get kicked out of school, Hoiberg will be interested in you.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
They didn't rush the court again did they?

The storm is still no excuse for Michigan State to get routed vs. Iowa. Losing a close game is one thing, but that was an ass kicking. They appear to be in straight free fall mode.

Nope, just dominated a good MN team without our 2 prized players.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
Just curious, as I don't know a lot on this... who has actually come to the team that falls into that category?

Royce White- Beat s*** out of mall cop and robbery I believe

Chris Allen- Banged all of his teammates gf's, drinking, and talking back I believe

Royce White was one of them. Minnesota recruit who was dismissed due to problems (he beat a mall cop after being confronted on the robbery). A complete all world talent though.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...yce-white_N.htm

Chris Allen (transfer from Michigan State)

The reasons we don't know is he had all kinds of problems with his teammates and it got to the point that a lot of rumors pointed to him being just a pure scumbag.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
Nope, just dominated a good MN team without our 2 prized players.

Royce White- Beat s*** out of mall cop and robbery I believe

Chris Allen- Banged all of his teammates gf's, drinking, and talking back I believe

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
Royce White was one of them. Minnesota recruit who was dismissed due to problems (he beat a mall cop after being confronted on the robbery). A complete all world talent though.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...yce-white_N.htm

Chris Allen (transfer from Michigan State)

The reasons we don't know is he had all kinds of problems with his teammates and it got to the point that a lot of rumors pointed to him being just a pure scumbag.

Interesting. I heard about White, but thought he was ruled ineligible. Back when I was in school there, it was a point of pride that ISU tended to be more stringent about player behavior and penalties for doing stupid s***. I wonder if that still holds, and if White will be on a short leash.

All I can say is whenever someone with talent has gotten dismissed with problems, Hoiberg and Iowa State has been all over em or at least trying to grab em.

Hell, I don't blame Freddy at all. If he wants to go that route its fine, but you get the wrong crop in and it can make your program a disaster overnight. Iowa has had to learn the hardway now that they've had a few football problems come there way (and of course the Pierre Pierce incident with Alford years ago).

Wow Paul Hewitt, you f***ing suck! Just a little under 2 months, and your ass will get fired and then you can go try to advise more black players to play for black coaches.

Congrats Zen on picking up the rare ACC win.

Edited by fathom

I'm close with the ISU basketball program. FWIW, White and Allen have stayed COMPLETELY out of trouble. Say what you want about what they did before, but they have been perfect fits so far, with both the guys embracing their role on the scout team.

And fathom, everything I've heard is that Hoiberg knows how to play the game.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
Michigan's gameplan against everyone is to play slow.

Dirty? Seriously? GMAFB.

You can have a break if you want one, no need to swear.

And yes, that's what every team in conference has tried to do, limit OSUs possessions and send them to the line with physical play. It only takes watching a game to figure that out.

Haha matta and the espn commentators just said the same thing.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:57 AM)
And fathom, everything I've heard is that Hoiberg knows how to play the game.

What game are you referring to? And Heads, don't lump me in with Hawkeyes fans that want the worst for ISU. I have no beef at all with ISU, and hope Hoiberg gets them turned around.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
So fouling a guy that's terrible at shooting free throws that you don't have the size to defend is dirty.

Gotcha.

Every player is terrible, and that's why they hacked and pushed off all game? I honestly didn't know that. If you are referring to the endless beating on Sullinger, he's been about a 75 percent free throw shooter all year i wouldn't call that terrible. Anyone who has talked about OSU in the past month has talked about playing them slow and physical, it's not exactly a mystery.

The good news is that Michigan still sucks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
What game are you referring to? And Heads, don't lump me in with Hawkeyes fans that want the worst for ISU. I have no beef at all with ISU, and hope Hoiberg gets them turned around.

"The" recruiting game. I don't think I'd call him dirty, but he knows what to do.

And I know you aren't. Just saying that Royce and Chris have been great (I know Royce has been going to class too) as well as Babb and Booker. Having 5 different guys sit out at once has helped them, I think.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Rock,

Wisconsin is going to play a slow tempo against OSU.

Im sure as you know this entirely because of OSU and has nothing to do with Wisconsin's normally fast break up tempo oriented style of play.

If i was Bo, i wouldn't stray from their run and gun offense.

Just for reference, UM held OSU way under their avg FGA tonight, NU held them to their lowest ever under Matta. It's not random that opposing teams are taking the air out of the ball, it's a way for less talented teams to try and keep it close.

A team like your badgers at home are just looking to play their game.

Edited by RockRaines