Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
Please.fire.lowery

Everytime I think he cannot top himself this season, he does. And that sound you hear is him laughing all the way to the SIU Credit Union to cash his checks

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Everytime I think he cannot top himself this season, he does. And that sound you hear is him laughing all the way to the SIU Credit Union to cash his checks

I honestly believe you would get some very good applicants if you did a thourough job search.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
Gonna watch some local kids for Fairfield, Needham and Nickerson, tonight on ESPNU. Yes, I have no life.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this. Was a big fan of Nickerson at Waukegan, and Fairfied is a very good team this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this. Was a big fan of Nickerson at Waukegan, and Fairfied is a very good team this year.

Fairfield will be one of the top mid majors next year. That coach is getting some decent recruits.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 06:09 PM)
Add him to the conversation I had earlier about minority coaches!! Also, Trent Johnson has done a TERRIBLE job at LSU.

You think anyone will actually write an article about this consistent phenomenon? I'm not holding my breath. Whitlock is the best bet, and I don't even think he will touch it.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 03:56 AM)
You think anyone will actually write an article about this consistent phenomenon? I'm not holding my breath. Whitlock is the best bet, and I don't even think he will touch it.

It will be very interesting to see the reaction by the national media when the three coaches fired in the ACC after this season are Hewitt, Haith, and Lowe.

Can Jim Burr just go ahead and die. That guy gets more calls wrong than right these days. I still maintain that there isn't a profession in the world (except being an elected official) where you can suck at your job as much as college bball refs and never get reprimanded.

This Illinois team is unlikeable. It is incredible how lazy the players are at times. Illinois lost the game because they got beat to loose balls and didn't fight through screens and that is simply unacceptable and it starts with the SR class which is made up of a bunch of p*****s and Weber.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
This Illinois team is unlikeable. It is incredible how lazy the players are at times. Illinois lost the game because they got beat to loose balls and didn't fight through screens and that is simply unacceptable and it starts with the SR class which is made up of a bunch of p*****s and Weber.

Definitely the winners of the "bad body language" team contest.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Definitely the winners of the "bad body language" team contest.

Which is why I can't wait for the 2011 class to get to campus and why I wish Head would get a little playing time (although not a ton because he can't shoot at all, like he is freshman and sophomore year Chester Frazier bad). Abrams is a warrior (like having a Chester Frazier with talent), Shaw plays really hard at all times, Egwu has a constantly running motor. Henry doesn't play defense but he isn't going to back down from a challenge. Langford I don't know enough about but he seems to lack assertiveness at times but he has high upside and won't be counted on until he is an upperclassman anyways.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Which is why I can't wait for the 2011 class to get to campus and why I wish Head would get a little playing time (although not a ton because he can't shoot at all, like he is freshman and sophomore year Chester Frazier bad). Abrams is a warrior (like having a Chester Frazier with talent), Shaw plays really hard at all times, Egwu has a constantly running motor. Henry doesn't play defense but he isn't going to back down from a challenge. Langford I don't know enough about but he seems to lack assertiveness at times but he has high upside and won't be counted on until he is an upperclassman anyways.

But then you run into a problem if Richmond and Leonard are two of your "leaders". Both of them still have a ton of growing up to do. And can I also repeat that I think D.J. Richardson is extremely mediocre and Brandon Paul really needs to be playing 30 minutes a game and getting a hell of a lot more shots than he is. He's going to make the NBA, and then Illini fans will look back and be like "why didn't he play more?" Trust me, as a GT fan, it's a sickening feeling.